Search for content in message boards

Flowers "Indian" Heritage

Flowers "Indian" Heritage

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 7:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for any information on the Flowers' that is from either Creek,Cherokee,Choctaw or Chickasaw Indian heritage.

Re: Flowers "Indian" Heritage

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 2:53PM GMT
Hi there. I am also looking for basically the same information. We have always heard that one of our ancestors Maggie Flowers was possibly Cherokee but have never found any information. Do you mind me asking where your Flowers line is from and any particular people you're looking for info on? My line is from New Jersey. Look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 12:24AM GMT
Hi. My family line is from Mississippi,Arkansas,Oklahoma and North Carolina. I will look in my family tree to see if we have a Maggie.

Debbie Flowers O'Dea

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 2:48AM GMT
Well I will keep my eyes open for anything about the Flowers family from those areas. I was just looking at something the other day I think with Flowers from N.C.. I'll see if I can find that info and let you know. I'll also let you know if I find anything in the meantime about Flowers and any of these tribes.

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 2:47AM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2013 2:48AM GMT
Surnames: Flowers
There is talk of me being 1/8 Indian. So far, I've got a Jodie Flowers and his wife Hattie (or Mattie) Flowers. I am lost from there. The rumor is that we're Choctaw.

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 2:41PM GMT
Surnames: Flowers, Calloway

Do you have birth years and or places? I have a Jodie Alonzo Flowers b 1893 in Jackson, Alabama and wife Minetta Calloway b 1897 in Perry, Alabama. I do have other Calloways / Callaways who were Choctaw in another tree.

Jodie and Minetta had a LARGE family of eleven children and died in Dyer, Tennessee in the mid-1900s.

Marianne Manley Granoff
Albuquerque, NM
granoff@zianet.com

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 2:27AM GMT
Surnames: Flowers
Sadly,any Flowers during these periods would not have admitted Indian heritage.If they were light enough they would have passed as white.I am still researching this.

Posted: 8 May 2014 9:09PM GMT
Surnames: flowers
i am looking for Otis and Maggie Flowers with a child named Dora Flowers from Arkansas

Posted: 7 Jul 2014 11:49PM GMT
tin photo my grandmother sitting on her fathers lap he was Indian verified by my mother

Posted: 7 Jul 2014 11:51PM GMT
grandmother name Hattie Flowers she was around 3 yrs old his name I believe was Blancerd not sure of spelling Flowers
per page

Find a board about a specific topic