Search for content in message boards

1939 murder of Grace Bingham Brock

1939 murder of Grace Bingham Brock

Posted: 8 Nov 2007 11:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brrock
I am looking for any information on the families of Grace Bingham Brock and her estrange husband Rufus J. Brock. I am tring to see if they are any relation to my Brock family line of Banks and Habersham Counties.

I have done some research on the above family and have found some common names with in Rufus Brock family line but so far not the same exact person date wise. However, I feel there is going to be a connection into my Brock family.

I am also looking for any information on the brutal murder of Grace Brock by her husband, has well as any information on the court trail. Maybe there is some names there to follow. I also have connections to some Massey family. I was told that Rufus had married a 2nd women ( while still married to Grace ) Frankie Massey of South Carolina, abt. 2 weeks before he murdered his estranged wife Grace just a short distance from his parents home in Habersham County at Cannon Bridge.

Re: 1939 murder of Grace Bingham Brock

Posted: 2 Jun 2010 12:25AM GMT
I am the great grandson of grace bingham, jeffery brock. My father, her son, arthur rufus is alive & well living in jesup ga with me. Another son willie max is living in hilton head s.c.

Posted: 3 Jun 2010 4:04PM GMT
Hi My names is Deborah. I have 2 Brock family lines and do alot of research on the Brock families. I was trying to connect your family to mine. Another Brock family member gave me the article about your great grandmother a couple of years ago knowing that I do the research, but she recently passed on before I ever could make the connection though. My email is deborahgarrett966@msn.com

Posted: 8 Jun 2010 4:27AM GMT
Surnames: Brock
I'm also the great-grandson of Grace and Rufus Brock. The only son of Willie Max Brock. My name is Ronald Brock.

I would like to find more information about the trial of Rufus Brock and more information about the Bingham family.

Posted: 8 Jun 2010 4:40AM GMT
Surnames: Brock
Sorry...

I'm Rufus and Grace Brock's grandson -- not great-grandson.

Posted: 8 Jun 2010 1:03PM GMT
I am not related to these folks but was interested in seeing what I could find to help out. I only found 2 articles...both in the Augusta Chronicle....Nov 29 and 30, 1939. The first one is about the murder and trial and the second, is the verdict. I can not attach them to this site in the form I had to save them..PDF. If you want me send them to any of you, let me know....marymt@gower.net

Posted: 9 Jun 2010 5:52PM GMT
Yes, please send any information you find to deborahgarrett966@msn.com . Thanks you so much !

Posted: 8 Sep 2010 12:46PM GMT
My husband & I live on the road that Rufus & Gail Brock lived on when the murder occured. My husband's great-aunt, Lucille Gunn Eller, actually identified the body for the authorities. It is my understanding that Mr. Brock was convicted of the murder. The Habersham County courthouse suffered a huge record loss when it burned some time ago but I am researching this and will let you know if I find anything. Can you please forward any new information you have regarding the court trial or circumstances surrounding the incident? Thanks so much.

Posted: 8 Sep 2010 1:40PM GMT
Send me your email address and I will send you 2 articles from the newspaper about the murder and trial.

Posted: 6 Nov 2011 9:42PM GMT
My father, Floyd Cleveland Bingham, was a step brother to Grace. My grandmother, Fannie, married Arthur Bingham who was Grace's father. I learned many years after my fathers death that Arthur was not Floyd's biological father. It's rather difficult to find out the in's and outs of this family tree as many have passed away.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic