Search for content in message boards

William and Mariah Tucker, parents of Gustavus A.R.

William and Mariah Tucker, parents of Gustavus A.R.

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 9:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Sep 2012 1:13PM GMT
Surnames: tucker
Trying to pin down parents of this William Tucker, who apparently was born about 1792. He and his family are listed in the 1850 Amherst census. One family tree on Ancestry.com says his father was Daniel, son of Drury Tucker.

I descend from other Tuckers living in Amherst about the same time and want to know what branch this particular William comes from.

Any help would be appreciated!

Re: William and Mariah Tucker, parents of Gustavus A.R.

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 4:01AM GMT
I have been studying this problems seriously for 7 or 8 years, since we found Gustavus's brothers (W.D. Tucker) graveyard just north of Danville. I had information from the internet that William Tucker's dad was Daniel. But now I don't believe it. I have been to Williams farm on the James River and talked to the descendent of Gustavus's sister Mary Burford. But he does not know either. Very frustrated. Need a break. I am descended from W.D. Tucker.

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 10:46PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. What makes you doubt that Daniel was the father? Have you considered joining the Tucker Y-DNA project? Several of the Tucker researchers I've been working with online have had a male Tucker take the Y-DNA test, including my first cousin, and the results are helping to separate the many Tucker lines in Virginia. If you Google the Tucker DNA project, I'm part of the Hanover Virginia group, which was not known until our little group began testing. I wonder where you'd end up.

In an effort to try to determine your William and Gustavus's line, I even paid to get Gustavus AR's death certificate. It didn't provide any new info, but I can share the info it had once I get back home if you want it. (I'm out of the country.)

Keep me posted.

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 4:53AM GMT
Daniel Tucker and wife Judith Harris live in the area where William first shows up, but there is a reasonable amount of information about them but I can't find a son by them named William. I find Wyatt, St. George, Mary and Daniel as children. The childre are born about the same time as William. But I can find nothing to tie our William to him other than the similarity of dates and area.

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 10:50PM GMT
I know of two Wyatt Tuckers in Amherst County, VA, both descendants of Charles Tucker and Mary Tompkins. The elder Wyatt, their son, was born about 1790; the younger was his nephew, son of William and Harriet Hix Tucker and born about 1820. Of these facts, I'm sure.

Did you find proof of another Wyatt being a son of Daniel?? In what county? Listed in a will??

Sorry to keep pushing this...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic