Search for content in message boards

cementery

cementery

Posted: 7 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Oct 2011 11:56AM GMT
Isn't there a Lithuanian cementery in Hazelton, Pa. Luzerne County called " St.Peter and Pauls Lithuanian Cementery?

Re: cementery

Posted: 2 Oct 2002 11:33PM GMT
Surnames: Stankevicius, Bubulas,Bubules, Stankeviciute
I do not know if there is one in Lucern county. But my GGrandmother Marie(Mary) Stankevicius was married at a St Joseph Church in Scraton PA Which is Lakawana county.Both she and her husband was from Lithuania.
She married John Bubulis (bubulas)They hade several children They were John b8/12/1900, Vincent b9/2/1902, Frances b13/11/1903 Marianna b1/10/1905, josephb25/3/1908 d1913 and Paul b 13/10/1910. Joseph is buried in ST Joseph cemetry. By any chance is my Ggrandmother on your Stankevicius line?
The story is that they were hiding from the Czar in the US

ginger (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2002 11:50PM GMT
My grandmothers first name was Eva.
I have been told tha Stankevicius is a very common Lithuanian name. Do you know what part of Lithuania they came from?

ginger

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 2:15PM GMT
My Grandmother's maiden name was Stankeviciute, Magdalene or Margaret. She was Lithuanian and was married in Boston to Antanas Kazlauskas. Any connect to you?

Thanks,
Judi

Re: cemetery

Posted: 11 Oct 2011 2:33PM GMT
The cemetery is near the Hazleton General Hospital. I can not remember the name of the street. There are several other cemeteries located there as well. If you are heading toward Beaver Meadows, the hospital would be on your right and a short distance past the hospital, the road to go to the cemeteries is on your left. It is easy to miss.

Posted: 5 Jan 2014 11:54PM GMT
I sent a message yesterday. But wanted to make sure we connected. The woman Who is your GGrandmother is also my GGrandmother. Her Son Vincent is my Grandfather. He changed his name to Edwards when he was very young. I was told there were 16 children in the family. I have never know anyone else with a connetion to the family. I am interested in talking with you. I have a copy of John Bubulus entery into the US.Please send an email to bigbandnana@yahoo.com Looking forward to hearing from you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions