Search for content in message boards

HOLDGRAFER SEARCH

HOLDGRAFER SEARCH

Marylyn Holdgrafer (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HOLDGRAFER
I am searching for HOLDGRAFER's in Marshall Co....Either Marshalltown, or Haverhill....I am trying to get back to four original brothers who came from the Hanover area of Germany...Henry and Dietrich are included....
Please email me any info...Thanks! My grandfather was Norbert Charles Holdgrafer...He moved to Oregon in 1938...Does anyone know him?

Re: HOLDGRAFER SEARCH

Posted: 26 May 2004 10:20PM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2004 12:29AM GMT
Surnames: Holdgrafer
I have some Holdgrafer info. Your message posting is back to 1999. If you are still interested contact me.

Posted: 14 Mar 2006 9:19PM GMT
Parents: Henry & Elisabeth Arrived 28 Dec 1846 with Five boys: John Dietrich, John Herman, William J. , Henry (Your g-g-grandfather) and Fred. Norbert is the son of Joseph Henry who is the son of Henry (original immigrant) who is the son of Henry & Elisabeth. They came from Hannover, Germany aboard the ship Rockall landing in New Orleans. They all originally settled in Clinton Co., IA. Henry (the son) was in Clinton county in 1870 but in Haverhill in 1880. My mother was a Holdgrafer...Joesourdiff@bellsouth.net

Posted: 14 Mar 2007 3:10AM GMT
How did you find the ship (Rockall) and any related record(s) about my Gr-Gr-Gr Grandparents (Henry & Elizabeth Holdgrafer) arriving in New Orleans?

Do you know if anyone has traced the Holdgrafer line any further than Henry from Hanover, Germany?

Tim Holdgrafer - Grandson of Herbert H. Holdgrafer

Posted: 28 Mar 2007 11:03PM GMT
hello,
How did you find out this information re: the actual ship they arrived on and the port they sailed into? Amazing! Are you aware of any information that goes back to Germany prior to them coming to the USA?
I am the grand-daughter of Norbert. My father is Gerald (Jerry) Norbert Holdgrafer, 71 yrs old, lives in Oregon. I live in Seattle, WA. From the research I have done off and on over the years, I seems that this family came from Germany and that is it - that any Holdagrafer now is related? Do you find that to be true?
Any information/stories you have would be great. I can be reached at mlyn1375@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Marylyn Holdgrafer

Posted: 28 Mar 2007 11:09PM GMT
Tim,
I found this information fascinating! In my research I was able to get this far, but only to the fact that I knew a family came here in the 1840's sailing out of Hanover. I always wondered where they landed, and now I know! Amazing. I wonder if there is a website for the Port of New Orleans that would give any historial info?

I am the grand-daughter of Norbert, who was the son of Joseph Henry. Norbert died in 1983. My father is Gerald (Jerry) Norbert Holdgrafer. Near as I can tell, we are the only Holdgrafer's in the Northwest - my dad, mom and brother are in Oregon, and I live in Seattle. Are you in Iowa? Seems that most Holdgrafer's are there or in Minnesota.

mlyn1375@hotmail.com

-Marylyn Holdgrafer

Posted: 6 Feb 2009 6:32PM GMT
Surnames: Neuroth,holdgrapher,schutz,
hello,I think I can help here.John Neuroth married Mary Anne holdgrafer,Johns father (Peter)came to U.S.Haverhill,Iowa around 1875, John and Mary had 9 kids, all around Haverhill,Iowa.I think dont know where they landed exactly.

Posted: 22 Mar 2009 4:01AM GMT
I am the son of Diedrich Joseph Holdgrafer. He was born in northern Minn. about 20miles from the boarder he has several brothers. I think Seven One was names Benard. His fathers name was Joseph. I don't know if we are related or not?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions