Search for content in message boards

John Sleeper & Greely Dustin Harper

John Sleeper & Greely Dustin Harper

Posted: 30 Jan 2004 6:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 May 2009 2:52PM GMT
Surnames: Sleeper, Harper
I am hoping to find leads in Maine to support some clues from Ohio that I have found. Any information would be welcome.

John Sleeper was said to be "born in Maine" around 1775-1776. He married someone named Elizabeth and had six children. Two daughters' names are unknown, there was daughter Zilpha (born about 1803 in NH), daughter "D" (birth unknown), son Parker (b. before 1804), and daughters Elizabeth (born in 1816 in New York) and Joanna (b. in 1818 in Ohio).
We believe John Sleeper migrated from Maine to NH around 1800 to 1805, and moved on into New York about 1810 to 1815. He was in Meigs and/or Athens county Ohio by 1818, where his wife Elizabeth died.

Greely Dustin Harper was reportedly born in November 1813 in Maine - we have Rumford and Lovell or Lowell, both in Oxford County, to work with. He and his family also migrated to Ohio, and he married Joanna Sleeper in August 1835. He may have had a sister named Sally or Sarah, and we believe his mother's name was Mary, but we have no further information on his family members.

Thank you for your assistance.

Re: Greely Dustin Harper

Posted: 30 Nov 2004 12:40AM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2009 2:53PM GMT
Surnames: Harpers
Hi, I don't know if you have had any success with the Harpers. If not please let me know as I have information on the Harpers

Posted: 16 Jan 2005 4:28PM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2009 2:54PM GMT
Surnames: Harper, Sleeper, Bailey
I have some information that might interest you in regards to Greely Dustin Harper & Joanna Sleeper. They are my 2X Greatgrand Parents. Joanna Harper married John Westley Bailey, my greatgrand parents. I have DOB & DOD & some mariage dated going back to 1699.
Please email me @ bgesch@adelphia.net

Barbara

Posted: 6 May 2009 9:08PM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2009 2:55PM GMT
Surnames: BOWEN
I have alot of info. Joanna Sleeper is my 2X gr grandmom. (I try to abbrevate as much as I can.) Greely Dustin's mon's name is Mary Polly McAllister, which is a whole new ball game. They have their own web site and a castle somewhere over the pond.
Let me know what you need.
Barbara

Re: Johanna Harper Bailey

Posted: 6 May 2009 9:11PM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2009 2:54PM GMT
Surnames: HARPER, BAILEY
Any info that you may have would be great. My gr grandmon was Johanna Harper Bailey.
I have some info. Let me know what you might need.
Barbara

Posted: 20 Mar 2012 12:58AM GMT
Surnames: HARPER/SLEEPER/MCALLISTER
I would like to have more information on the Harper family. I am doing research for a friend of mine (Frank Harper) and would like anything you could share with me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions