Search for content in message boards

Harry Bowler - Son of Thomas Bowler and Mary ? Canada

Harry Bowler - Son of Thomas Bowler and Mary ? Canada

Posted: 14 Mar 2011 1:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bowler
Looking for any information at all in regards to my great grandfather Harry Bowler.
All I know about him is that he was born in approximately 1880, his marriage license says that he was born in Ireland and that his father was as well.
I cannot read his mother's maiden name on the marriage certificate.
All my grandmother could tell me about him is that he told her he immigrated to Canada with his brother James and they parted ways once the boat docked and never seen each other again.
There was possibly a sister who was left behind in Ireland. Her name was Sarah.
This man is truly an enigma to me. I have no idea when he immigrated, must have been before 1921 as he married my great grandmother then. Possibly even before 1911 as I may have found him on a Canadian census record.

Any help would be appreciated.

This man is driving me crazy!

Re: Harry Bowler - Son of Thomas Bowler and Mary ? Canada

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 5:29AM GMT
Edited: 28 Nov 2012 5:30AM GMT
Is the mothers name Mary Ann Spuffard maybe? If so, I may know Much more... And where did you find him in Canada? I am in Manitoba.

Re: Harry Bowler - Son of Thomas Bowler and Mary ? Canada

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 3:34PM GMT
Surnames: Bowler, Loveland, Faught
Hello, I am Karen Gail Bowler, my Bowler family have moved around quite alot since moving to Canada. They have set up roots in Hastings Ontario, Belleville, Oshawa, Courtice, all of Ontario. Also the Bay of Quintie, then there is the time they lived in New York in a small hamlet of Redfield, New York. Anyone trying to trace this family, which is my family, will get a headache. I do have a few pages of research from the library about the family. My grandfather was James Rizon Bowler, born in Redfield New York, His brother John married a Louisa Carr Loveland, while Louisa's sister Edith Pearl Loveland, who was her stepsister and younger, married John Bowler's brother James R. Bowler. James and Edith came to Canada and married in Oshawa, and had seven children, Kenneth, Robert, Norman, Marjorie, Joan, Bernice, and Shirley. The marriage took place at a church situated close to the corner of Olive Avenue and Simcoe Street South in the early 1900's. My father Norman James married my mother Mable Grace Nichols at the same church as my grandparents. Harry Bowler is in my family tree, but there are a few Harry Bowler men, and it has taken me many years and hours to verify the right one. I also know that there is Bowler family that came from Saskatchewan, Canada. If I recall without my paper work in front of me, it would be a Thomas Bowler who married a woman by the last name Faught. My family talk about them arriving to Ontario and setting down roots. There is quite a bit of information if you look at these towns that I have mentioned, as well as stories about coming to Canada and the circumstance in which on young Bowler lad did on his own with his mother's blessings. I hope this helps some Bowler family with searching for some of the elusive Bowler family. Check also the Grand Trunk Railway, which a Bowler family member worked for thirteen years in Ontario. Bowler family I remember from childhood is Lottie, Flossie, George, John, David, Dorothy, also Arnold Bowler who ministered in Africa with his wife for fifty years, 24 yrs. in Kenya, 10 yrs. in Uganda, and 16 yrs. in Malawi, Africa. I am in my sixties now and am really working hard at this research, and I believe there are still gaps, but I have heard stories about different family members that are very interesting and I want to keep them alive. I hope this help you and anyone else, my email is writerjunkiesis@yahoo.ca
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions