Search for content in message boards

County Cork,, Ireland McCarthy's

County Cork,, Ireland McCarthy's

Posted: 29 May 2000 7:17AM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2003 10:09PM GMT
Does anyone have info on these McCarthy's? My grandmother Brophy married a McCarthy from here. ANY info would be helpfull. Thanks

McCarthy - Cork County, Ireland

Riz Raymundo (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2000 5:50PM GMT
I may have info on McCarthy from Cork. His side was connected to the Blarney Castle. Could this be the same McCarthy family?

McCarthy at Cork

Posted: 5 Jun 2000 4:12PM GMT
Yes, that is the McCarthy,do you have any info?

McCarthy of Cork

Riz Raymundo (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2000 6:30PM GMT
I have little info. A friend of mine, Elizabeth was married to a Don McCarthy who had told her about his connection to the McCarthy who in turned were connected to the Blarney Castle off and on thru the centuries (14th or 15th). If you can e-mail tell me a little more and I will pass on to her. Thanks

McCarthy from Cork

Posted: 9 Jun 2000 7:01AM GMT
I have very little information. Timothy William McCarthy, B: unknown D: Abt 1936, married to Julia Brophy daughter of Michael Brophy and Ann Long from Ireland also. Tim's children Mary Elizabeth, Helen, Edward who married Frances Allen. My e-mail address is al_r1@MSn.com. Thank you so much!!! Sarah

McCarthy from Co.Cork

Posted: 12 Jun 2000 6:09AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2002 4:18AM GMT
From the 1880 census I have learned:
John Mcarthy,42 was married to Margaret Griffin, 42 and had four children. I believe the fourth, David, born 8/04/1871 was my grandfather. In 1880 they lived at609 First Ave.NYC. I am searching for relatives of his siblings. John arrived in NY on the SSAsia, July 5, 1849 when he was 12 years old.

R E McCARTHY (SERVERED IN CONFEDERATE ARMY)

Posted: 4 Jul 2000 7:16PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 2:32AM GMT
LOOKING FOR R E McCARTHY (FAMILY LIVED IN CAREYTOWN MO AT TIME OF CIVIL WAR -- SERVED WITH MICHAEL WILLIAM SHANAHAN WHO WAS BORN IN CORK CO IRELAND --- ANY CONNECTIONS?

my grandfather John J.Mcarthy

Posted: 6 Apr 2001 2:46PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2004 9:33PM GMT
I dont know if this is same family but my grandfather came to New York by boat from county cork around that age his name John joseph mcarthy he died before I was born .He lived in Rockland massuchusettes with his wife Doris rayland mcarthy.there children John Jr.,Lawerence,William,Robert,and my Mother Mary Elisabeth.All are deceased except for my Mom Mary who moved to Maine in 1969 and Uncle Bill who lives in Florida ill have to ask Mom what city he lives in there.If this sounds like who you are looking for please contact me and I will give you lots more info.Take care,Sharon

My grandfather John J McCarthy

Laura Harding (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2001 5:22PM GMT

I am looking for any information on the following if you are able to help!!

Boston area (Mattapan)

J F McCarthy + Wife Eloise McCarthy
Sons Jackie McCarthy born aprox 1949 & Jamie McCarthy born approx 1952.
I know Eloise McCarthy's father was J Henry Lang and her mother was Chrisse (Nee Iveson) McCarthy.

Eloise and Henrey

Posted: 20 May 2001 9:42AM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2004 9:33PM GMT
Sorry Laura,The names Eloise and Henrey do not seem to appear in my Mc carthy s .They were all John J Mc carthy and from Rockland,Quincy,and Cohasset area.Good Luck,your friend,Sharon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions