Search for content in message boards

Location of Hoods, Kentucky

Location of Hoods, Kentucky

Sheila (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2002 6:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bradley, Stevens,Blanton, Davis, Nickell, Salyer, Lemaster, Fairchild
Can someone tell me the location of Hoods, Kentucky? I have a feeling it is in Greenup Co. KY but can't find it. I have located Enlistment & Discharge papers belonging to my grandfather Charles Lloyd Bradley. It states he was born in Hoods, in the State of Kentucky. I know his family was from Greenup KY. and have been to the cemetery where Grampa Charle's father William and 5-7 wives were buried (??). I beleive Charles Lloyds mother was Mallie Hunter. Charles married Bertha Mae Stevens/Stephens and are parent's of my father Ernest Lloyd Bradley who passed away in 1965. I have extensive research on my mothers family "Blantons" of Johnson Co. and hardly any of my father. I would appreciate any information. Thank you.
Sheila
shelene@zoomnet.net
Webpage: http://www.geocities.com/shelene1999/

Re: Location of Hoods, Kentucky

Posted: 12 Jan 2002 3:29PM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2006 1:12AM GMT
Surnames: Hood, Claxon
Some Hoods in Greenup Co., KY. They married into the Claxon line. You might try that route.

Henrietta (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2002 1:59AM GMT
Surnames: blanton
sheila, I don't know if this will help but there is a Hoods Fork of Blaine in Lawrence, Co , Ky.I am a decendent of the George Blanton and Martha Shepherd Blanton that you have been researching.

Sheila (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2002 9:37AM GMT
Surnames: Bradley, Stevens, Blanton, David, Nickell, Shepherd, Fairchild, Lemaster
Thank you very much for responding. It's also wonderful hearing from a descendant of George & Martha. How do you descend from them? Thank you!

Sheila (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2002 9:39AM GMT
Surnames: Bradley, Stevens, Blanton, Shepherd,Nickell, Davis, Fairchild,Lemaster, Salyer
Thank you very much!

Posted: 13 Jan 2002 7:05PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2004 9:37PM GMT
If it's in Greenup Co. KY it was probably Hoods Run. At one time they had a postoffice there. My gr.grandfather had Hood's
Run on his Civil War Papers.

Glenna

Posted: 13 Jan 2002 7:11PM GMT
Was Bertha Stevens a dau. of Jess Stevens? I know you go past Little White Oak to get to Hood's Run.

Posted: 13 Jan 2002 7:30PM GMT
I'm sorry Hood's Run is close to the Antiock Church. Church may not be spelled correctly. It's on Rt. 2 from Greenup,KY.

Sheila (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2002 7:30PM GMT
Glenna,
Thank you! This gives me a better idea of where to look. Are you familiar with Lynn, Kentucky? The cemetery where my gr grandfather, William Bradley isburied is on a road you veer off of on Rt 7 near Lynn, Kentucky. Thank you for the information. I may learn something of my Bradley heritage yet. I appreciate it.

Sheila

Posted: 28 May 2003 4:05AM GMT
My father was Jess Stevens born sept 13, 1917 -Clark Co. Ky - no dau named bertha
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions