Search for content in message boards

GRAHAM FAMILIES OF KENTUCKY

GRAHAM FAMILIES OF KENTUCKY

Barbara Green Graham (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GRAHAM, HUNT, WILSON, MURRAY
Seeking history of HAMPTON GRAHAM from Green Co., KY. Birthplace prob. VA abt 1780-90, died abt. 1847 Marion Co. KY. Married Maria ? b. 11 Dec 1793 NC, died 12 Oct 1855 McDonough Co., IL. Known children: Katherine; William; Bedford; Matilda/Milly; John Henry.
A BEDFORD GRAHAM also lived in Green Co., KY who might be the father of Hampton or a brother. Early records find a BEDFORD GRAHAM living in Caswell Co., NC.
Any info about this line would be appreciated.

Re: GRAHAM FAMILIES OF KENTUCKY

Posted: 30 Jul 2001 9:08PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2002 3:44AM GMT
Surnames: Graham, White
Hi. I have an Elsey Melvin Graham b.1822 in Green Co. Ky
and married Sarah Jane White. Could this be part of your line? I believe E.M. Graham's father to be Berry Graham.
Any help on this family would be appreciated. Thanks, Trish

Barbara Green Graham (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2001 11:28PM GMT
I do have some history regarding BERRY D. GRAHAM, he was the 4th child of Elijah & Sarah Graham (Grayham).
From Cornerstone families, pg 570 by Alma Farrar.
Berry born 1797 in NC, went to KY, there he married Sarah Wright d/o thomas Wright, who lived near Greensburg. they moved to Taney Co., MO in 1840 and to ARK four miles south of Fayetteville. They left KY after 1823 and listed in the 1830 census of Izard Co., AR along with his father, Elijah and 3 brothers, John B, Gallant & Freborn. 1850 census of Osage Twp, Benton Co., AR. Berry is age 56, Sarah age 52 bp Va, David 18, Seaburn 16, & Polly 9. Also on page 70 is a Henry Graham age 23 bp Ar, Nancy 21, George 1. Do you know who this family connects?

Berry and Sarah had 9 ch:
William Melvine, Elsy M born in KY. David, Seborn, and an unknown male born in 1841. The other 3 children, Martha, John and Robert.
Info for Elsy M born 1823 Ky married Sarah Jane White b 1825/6 in about 1845 had 8 children. The first 7 were born in ARK, prob. in Washington Co. area and were named William Melvin b 1 Nov 1846, Berry Seborn b 1849, James alford b 1852, Martha Catherine "Tine" b Dec 1854, Mary S b 1858, Sally M b Apr 1860, and Susan E b 1862. The family moved to Texas in the Sherman area about 1867/8 where their last child, William andrew was born 13 Jan 1869.
I have taken this history from Tommy Graham TomG@oui.com. This is dated 30 Nov 1997.
I have tried to connect Hampton Graham to Elijah & Sarah Graham without proof as of this date.
If Tommy's e-mail is no longer good, let me know and I will type the remaining history for you.
Barbara

Posted: 28 Apr 2003 3:37PM GMT
Surnames: HOLEMAN HOLDMAN HOLMAN GRAHAM
Hi
Have you ever heard of Leah or Lena GRAHAM born circa1820, Kentucky. Married Riley HOLDMAN and the
family lived in Valle Tws., Jefferson Co., MO.
I have never been able to find much on Lena and do
not know who her parents were.
Does any of this ring any bells with anyone?
Thanks,
Sandy
4rd great granddaughter of Lena (GRAHAM) HOLEMAN/HOLDMAN

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 5:04PM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2005 6:34PM GMT
I think I was in contact with you at one time years ago. I'm still working on this Graham family. I was able to go to Green Co., KY a couple of years ago, but didn't find much.

Posted: 13 May 2004 7:54PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jan 2006 10:59PM GMT
new e-mail

Posted: 13 May 2004 7:56PM GMT
Note: new e-mail.
I have not made a connection to Hampton's parentage as of this date. Maybe someday.

Posted: 30 Aug 2005 8:39PM GMT
Surnames: graham,muuray
Barbara I think I used to email you about 5 years ago. I have compounded alot of info in the last few years.

I have tons of information on the Grahams and Murrays. Bedford Graham and Jane Murray are my great, great, great grandparents.

If you are still interested in any information please email and I will send what I have.

I have traced back to Robert The Bruce and even further.

We go every year on Memorial Day and place flowers on all the graves at Argylle cemetary in Colchester, Illinois.

Thanks
Danielle Sours

Posted: 30 Aug 2005 9:42PM GMT
Danielle,
I would appreciate any new history you have collected.
I have been against against this brick wall trying to connect Hampton Graham's parents. I haven't been able to find a marriage record for Hampton and Maria (?) Graham.
I believe he is related to the Graham's from Caswell Co. NC.
Please e-mail me at barev@charter.net

Posted: 31 Aug 2005 9:36PM GMT
Surnames: Graham - Hunt - Wilson
Danielle,
Do you live near Colchester, IL?

I have been to the cemetery at Tuttle, OK and taken pic's of tombstones there.
I have found several articles from "The Tuttle Times" regarding Joseph going to Colchester to move his parents to Tuttle.
Such great documentation and valid connections.

Barbara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic