Search for content in message boards

William Henry Hunter UK Help please!

William Henry Hunter UK Help please!

Posted: 11 Oct 2002 2:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Nov 2009 7:47PM GMT
Surnames: Hunter
Can anyone help ?
I am searching information on my Grandfather, William Hunter, he left my Grandmother in the 50's and remarried, fathered a daughter Christine and died around 1973? at Peterborough. He would have been around 72 yrs old. Is there anyway of finding information about this death? maybe newspaper obits etc?
Any help very much appreciated
Mark
Australia

Re: William Henry Hunter UK Help please!

Posted: 20 Jul 2003 2:23AM GMT
Where and when was your William born?

Posted: 23 Jul 2003 12:44PM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2009 7:48PM GMT
My grandfather, W H Hunter was born Aug 1901 in Woolwich (Plumstead) I have a birth cert' naming his father as a William John. This William Henry is the only possible match according to BMD. Other factors which add up are, that he was the product of my GGfathers second marriage to a widower, and that he was involved with the Royal Artillery. The Birth Cert states this. His union with my grandmother was apparently a very unhappy one, and so he left the family. I corresponded with him as a boy virtually until his death, which all I can remember was 1973 at Peterborough. I have sent away for a death cert with only the info stated, but as yet no reply.
Mark

hunter (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2003 1:35PM GMT
Dear Mark,
waht a pity. I was really hoping to get something happening here. My William Henry was 7th born of Thomas Hunter of Bitton.
Good Luck with your search
Glynis

Nigel (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2004 10:51PM GMT
Did you get your death certificate? If not, you could track him down on www.1837online.com

Best of luck!

Posted: 14 Nov 2009 7:26PM GMT
Hi Mark
I have the birth certificate of William John Hunter.
He was born on 20th November 1850 at 12 Artillery Place Woolwich. His first wife was Hannah. He later joined the Royal Artillery, and his second wife was Mary A.
Does this agree with your records?
Michael.

Re: William Henry Hunter UK Help please! (Edwin Henry Hunter)

Posted: 22 Dec 2009 1:32PM GMT
Edited: 22 Dec 2009 1:38PM GMT
I am looking for information on this Hunter branch of my family, I have very little to go on but here is what i have.

Edwin Henry Hunter is my Great Grandfather, he was born in 11851 in London, Baptised on the 4th May 1851. His mother was Sophia Howe from Buckinghamsire and his father was a Henry Hunter who was born somewhere in Ireland around 1825. Sophia and Henry did not marry until 1853 and it would appear that Henry died around 1855. Henry's father was John Hunter who is recorded as an Innkeeper although it does not say where, he is also irish. Edwin Henry Hunter married a Mary Brown from esseex and they had 5 children; Edwin E Hunter born 1883: William H Hunter born 1884 and married Jessie Louise Jarvis in Sept 1907: Eleanor M Hunter born 1886: Margaret L Hunter born 1888 and Winifred K Hunter born 1890. As far as i can tell other than Edwin Henry Hunter Henry and sophia had two other children Henry Hunter born about 1852 and Thomas Hunter born about 1855. I would like to comunicate with anyone who links with this Hunter family line.

John O'Reilly
john.o'reilly@briggs.uk.com
johnoandsue@btinternet.com

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 4:13AM GMT
Hi Michael,
Thanks, I have the birth cert now and marriage details for William and Mary Alice Reaney but never knew he was married earlier to a Hannah?
He married for a second (or third time) to Mary Patmore (nee Callaghan).
Can you confirm or point me in the direction of the marriage to Hannah?
Regards Mark Hunter
per page

Find a board about a specific topic