Search for content in message boards

Victor w. Ellsworth Montcalm county, mi 1903 married Mary reed then disappeared?

Victor w. Ellsworth Montcalm county, mi 1903 married Mary reed then disappeared?

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 5:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Nov 2012 1:14PM GMT
Surnames: Ellsworth, Reed
I'm searching for any information on Victor w Ellsworth after the early 1900s. After his daughter Beatrice was born, rumors are that he disappeared, moved to Wisconsin, and relocated to pursue his music career. Did he remarry? Where can I look for this? Or if anyone can help, it Would be greatly appreciated! Helps to fill in the mystery of where grandpa Ellsworth disappeared to.

Re: Victor w. Ellsworth Montcalm county, mi 1903 married Mary reed then disappeared?

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 5:16AM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2012 1:15PM GMT
Surnames: Ellsworth, Reed
Did he pursue his music career in California? How long did he live? Where is he buried? Why did he leave his wife and daughter??? This is the big mystery in the family....any help would be very much appreciated!

Re: Victor w. Ellsworth Montcalm county, mi 1903 married Mary reed then disappeared?

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 11:46AM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2012 1:16PM GMT
Surnames: Valentine, Ellsworth, Reed
At www.familysearch.org there is an entry under the 1920 census in Wisconsin showing he lived with his mother Mattie Valentine and indicated he was a widower. Another entry under the 1940 census in Summit Town, Wisconsin shows he was married to Frida C. Ellsworth and had 6 children. Birthdates are a little different, but mother's name of Mattie does match. There are entries showing the 1903 marriage to Matie Reed also which includes the parent names.

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 1:14PM GMT
Thank you so much! Is there any way I can figure it when or where he passed away??? I really appreciate your help!

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 1:21PM GMT
Actually, I found it, under that website. Thanks again! I wonder what his profession was and where he was buried.... I'll Keep searching! But any other info is greatly appreciated

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 9:05PM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2012 2:16PM GMT
Surnames: Ellsworth, Bibler
1900 census lists Victor Ellsworth as a servant in the household of Nathan E. and Nellie Bibler born Sep 1884
McBride Village, Montcolm MI

1920 census Merton, Waukesha, Wisconsin with mother Mattie Valentine.

1930 Census Delafield, Waukesha, Wisconsin spouse Freda, children Audrey, Eugene, melvin and Margaret.

1940 Census Summit, Waukesha, Wisconsin. Victor W. Ellsworth Spouse Freda C., Kenneth V 18, Audrey A 17, Eugene O 15, Melvin C 13, Carol M 10 and Betty A 6.

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 9:12PM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2012 2:17PM GMT
Surnames: Ellsworth
Just found a wedding announcement for Betty Arlene Ellsworth. The paper (Waukesha Daily Freeman) dated Oct 7 1954. Lists Victor Ellsworth, Oconomowac route 4 as father mother the late Mrs. Ellsworth. So he is living Oct 7 1954 in Wisconson.

May 18 1854 (Waukesha Daily Freeman) Victor W. Ellsworth Oconomowac route 4 was arrested on E. Wisconsin Ave and Silver St. on a charge of Drunken Driving while operating a truck in the city. His case will come up in municiple courth here.

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 9:16PM GMT
Wisconson Death Index birth about 1885 death date Dec 19 1962 Certificate:037752

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 1:32AM GMT
Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate all of the help! It means so much!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic