Search for content in message boards

Delbert Duncan

Delbert Duncan

Posted: 5 May 2002 7:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Duncan
I am searching for my grand parents, Delbert Duncan and Lee Blakeney. My mother's given name was Gladys Mary Duncan, born 11-5-20 in Kansas City, MO. At the time of her birth, my grand mother was 30 yrs. old and was born in Texas around 1890. My grandfather was 42 years old and was born in Scottland around 1878. Shortly after her birth she was given up and retained her given name until she was 21 yrs. old.

I would be greatful to any one who can share some information with me.

Re: Delbert Duncan

Posted: 2 Jun 2008 12:19AM GMT
Try Julia Lee Blakeney and Delbert Manning Duncan. Delbert is also spelled Delvert. Migration path: SC/NC, Alabama, Texas and Oklahoma.

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/BLAKENEY/2008-...

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/BLAKENEY/2008-...

Posted: 3 Jun 2008 11:05PM GMT
hello, i want to talk to you so badly, i have only just began studying my geneology. my name is elaine marie duncan. my father was elwyn maddox duncan who was the oldest son of delvert randolph duncan and julia lee blakeney of cass co tex. i also believed his name to be delbert until i found a 1910 missouri census with there names. and then my search has taken many turns. delvert and julia had 3 sons my father elwyn born in 1909, the omar born in 1911, and phillipps born in 1913. delvert was from scotland and where he married julia lee at i have not been able to find out, due to illness they left missouri and returned to cass county where , he moved in with her mother sara blakeney. there was a fight and she made him leave, if gladys is there daughter my father never knew about her. is it possible that there was a wife after julia lee. my fathers half sister said delvert died in a tb hospital in shreveport, la. my father never believed this he remembers his father walking away, and never was there any other communication. delvert duncan had brothers in kansas city , missouri. i have very little information about the duncan side of my family, omar my dads brother had one daughter who lives in chicago. phillipps son has only just got in touch with me through ancestry. com i am so overwhelmed with your information. please get a hold of me when you receive this message. your message is 5 years old and i do not know if this will ever reach you. please message me . crazelaine5@yahoo. com. my father delverts oldest son died in longview tex in 1985, he had 6 children by his first wife and 5 children by my mom. please my phone number is 956 493-1054 please when you receive this message try and get ahold of me, i am so overwhelmed about your mom, and need to know about her. thank you we are cousins elaine

Posted: 4 Jun 2008 5:31AM GMT
hello, ginger i am also interested in any info on delvert randolph duncan and julia lee blakeneyyou can reach me or goodysnow96@yahoo.com i am at crazelaine5@yahoo.com thank you so much

Posted: 4 Jun 2008 4:42PM GMT
We are of this family line too. Please get in touch with us at GoodySnow96@Yahoo.com I can further share more with you then. I am a descendent of Julia Lee Blakeney and Delvert Randolph Duncan.

Gina
per page

Find a board about a specific topic