Search for content in message boards

Murphy sisters, Olean, NY

Murphy sisters, Olean, NY

Bill Osterman (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Murphy
My paternal grandmother, Elizabeth Murphy (1875-1937) and her sister Anna Murphy (1869-1951) immigrated from Ireland in the late 1800's and settled in Olean, NY. Elizabeth married my paternal grandfather, William Osterman (1874-1959) and Anna married "Gus" Switser (1868-1934) I am looking for information on the ancestory of the Murphy sisters.

Re: Murphy sisters, Olean, NY

Bill Osterman (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2005 11:35PM GMT

Hello Bill:

My grandmother Maggie Margaret Murphy Crowley was one of the Murphy sisters. She and her husband are buried at St. Bonaventure Cemetery in Allegany between the two Murphys you mention. I have a fair amount of information on the Murphys. At least back to their Parents in County Cork (West Skull) Ireland. James Murphy and Mary Callahan Murphy. By the way their mother also came over to Olean and stayed with the sister who ran a boarding house in North Olean. They are also buried at St. Bonaventure. Answer the e-mail and if you give me an address I will send you the (outline) information I have. My mother was a Crowley.

Jim Waldeck

Re: Murphy sisters, Olean, NY

Jim Waldeck (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2005 11:37PM GMT
Hello Bill:

My grandmother Maggie Margaret Murphy Crowley was one of the Murphy sisters. She and her husband are buried at St. Bonaventure Cemetery in Allegany between the two Murphys you mention. I have a fair amount of information on the Murphys. At least back to their Parents in County Cork (West Skull) Ireland. James Murphy and Mary Callahan Murphy. By the way their mother also came over to Olean and stayed with the sister who ran a boarding house in North Olean. They are also buried at St. Bonaventure. Answer the e-mail and if you give me an address I will send you the (outline) information I have. My mother was a Crowley.

Jim Waldeck
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions