Search for content in message boards

Buckley of Bay du Vin

Buckley of Bay du Vin

Posted: 3 Nov 2004 1:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Dec 2006 3:46AM GMT
Surnames: Buckley Gray
I believe I may be related to several of the people who have referred to their Buckley ancestors in the John McDonald of Bay du Vin thread. My ancestor Andrew Gray was born in Bay du Vin in 1837 and his baptismal record at St. Patrick’s Roman Catholic Church, South Nelson shows him to be the son of Bridget Buckley and Kiaran Gray.

Bridget Buckley married Theodore Gray in 1834 in Northumberland County. In 1835 William Gray, the son of Theodore Gray and Bridget Buckley, was baptized in St. Patrick’s Church. Were there two Bridget Buckleys (cousins perhaps) who married brothers or cousins? Did Theodore Gray die and his widow marry Theodore’s brother or cousin? Were Theodore and Kiaran the same man? So far I have found no evidence of another Gray-Buckley marriage.

In the 1851 census, 14-year-old Andrew Gray was enumerated with his grandmother Abegail Buckley in the parish of Glenelg, Northumberland County. Also with Abegail was her 12-year-old granddaughter Bridget Gray. Abegail was 78 and widowed. Other household members included Thomas Buckley, her son, aged 35, Ann Murray, aged 46 and described as wife, and William Murray, son aged 15. Everyone in the home was said to be Irish. Abegail, Thomas and Ann were all reported as entering the colony in May 1819.

I would like to exchange information with other Buckley researchers.

Marilyn Astle

Re: Buckley of Bay du Vin

Posted: 28 Feb 2005 2:09AM GMT
I have an Angus Buckley from Chatham with wife Jane. They had daughter Annabelle born 1856 who married a Richard Kenny and had 10 children. My interest is with the Kenny line so I don't have any other info at this time.

John (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2005 8:14AM GMT
Name: JAMES BUCKLEY
—————————————————————————————————
Birth: 1785 Ireland1
Spouse: ABIGAIL CADIGAN

Children
1 M: WILLIAM BUCKLEY
Birth: abt 18341
2 M: JOHN BUCKLEY
Birth: abt 1836 Glenelg Parish, Northumberland Co., NB1
Death: 10 Jun 1901 Chatham, Northumberland Co., NB2
Spouse: MARGARET DUTCHER
3 F: HELEN BUCKLEY
Birth: abt 18381
4 M: THOMAS BUCKLEY
Birth: abt 18401
5 F: CATHERINE BUCKLEY
Birth: abt 18421

Sources
1. “1851 Census,” New Brunswick.
2. “Michelle Falkjar’s Death Register Index,” 1888-1920, Northumberland Co., NB, Microfilm, NB Archive, FNUM: F16256; PAGE: 60; LINE: 259.

Posted: 14 Apr 2005 4:53PM GMT
Surnames: Buckley Cadigan Lynch
Hi John,

The children you have listed do not belong to James Buckley and Abegail Cadigan, based on the sources I have used. They were born one generation later than James and Abegail's family. According to what another researcher has sent me, these children belong to James, the son of James and Abegail. The wife of this second James is given as Mary by one source and Margaret by another but they agree her surname was Lynch. Please contact me if you wish to exchange more information.

Posted: 14 Apr 2005 5:03PM GMT
Surnames: Buckley Cadigan McDonald Fraxer/Fraser Power
Hi Sheila,

Thanks for your reply. According to information I have since received from another researcher, Angus Buckley was born 1827 in Bay du Vin, the son of James Buckley and Abegail Cadigan's eldest son John and his wife Mary McDonald.

This source shows Angus married twice, in 1853 to Mary Margaret Fraxer (sic - maybe Fraser) and in 1876 to Jane Power. I have not had the chance to verify this, but I mention it as it has implications for the parentage of Annabelle.

John Garner (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2005 7:53PM GMT
Do you know which James Buckley that married Catherine Murdoch Perley (d/o Asa Perley and Catherine Bremner)? I figure he was born about 1850

Posted: 15 Apr 2005 2:38AM GMT
Surnames: Buckley Lynch
The information I have shows 6 children for James Buckley and Mary or Margaret Lynch. The youngest is James born 1848 in Bay du Vin. There is nothing on his marriage but he may be your man.

I note though that James & Abegail's son John also had a James born 1824 and another son, both of whom may have had sons named James. Likewise, James & Abegail's son William had a James born 1825 and other sons. Do you want me to send you the information I have?

Posted: 5 Mar 2007 9:33PM GMT
I have a Bridget b. abt. 1817 in Ireland m. Theodore Grey June 6 1834, children William, Andrew and Bridget born 1839. She is the daughter of Janes Buckley and Abigail Cadagan.

Posted: 7 Apr 2007 6:23PM GMT
Larry-

I am descended from Bridget's brother, William. I would appreciate hearing from you concerning the descendents in Bridget's line.

Dave Buckley

Posted: 8 Apr 2007 1:28PM GMT
What is your e-mail?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions