Search for content in message boards

Jacob Alford

Jacob Alford

Posted: 27 Mar 2002 4:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Supposedly Jacob ALFORD married to Frankie SEABORN died in Washington Parish and is buried in Brock Cemetery. I have been unable to verify this or find a Brock Cemetery. If anyone sees this message and can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Regena English

Re: Jacob Alford

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2002 1:12AM GMT
Is this Jacob ALFORD the same as Jacob D. ALFORD (8/6/1910 - 4/8/1977)? He is the son of Seaborn Lochran ALFORD and Candacy BANKSTON of Washington Parish.

Regena English (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2002 1:56AM GMT
Your Jacob Alford may be a grandson of my Jacob Alford because the name Seaborn was the maiden name of my Jacob Alford. Back during those times is was very common for a son to be given his mother's maiden name as a first or second name.

Posted: 26 Apr 2002 2:37AM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2006 1:51PM GMT
I am currently researching the Daniel family but I do have many Alfords in my family tree, including Seaborn Emile Alford b1876 d1940. I would be interested in exchanging information.

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2002 4:27AM GMT
I have several ALFORDS with "Seaborn" in their names somewhere. Among these are Seaborn Lochran ALFORD (father of Jacob D. ALFORD), and John Seaborn ALFORD (father of Seaborn Lochran ALFORD). My ALFORD connection is through marriage into the BRUMFIELD, BURCH, and BROCK families. Interestingly enough, Margaret Elizabeth ALFORD m. Waldo Oliver BROCK, producing a son, Bosia Seaborn BROCK who married Blanche ALFORD. Any of these familiar to you?

Posted: 6 Jul 2002 5:00AM GMT
Mu great great Grandfather was Julius C. Alford Married to Elizabeth Waddell. They had the following children:

Several of their children were born in Washington, Louisiana. I have not been able to learn if it was Washington Parish, or the town of Washington that is in St, Landry Parish, The following are their birthdates taken from census records:

Laura b. 1832 m, Claibourn WALDROP 14, Mar 1852
Nancy b. 1833 m. Joseph VARNER 13 Nov 1851
Dicey b. 12 Apr 1935 m.John Varner, then William Graves
Martha b. 1837 m.Napoleon WALDROP 1857
Frances b 1840 m. James Washington MORRIS 1859
William Riley b 1 Aug 1842 m Anne Dugan GANDY 29 Aug 1872
Joseph Seaborn b Jun 1845 m Nancy Dugan ARNETT 1872

Jacob Alford b.15 Aug 1761, Bute Co. NC m Elizabeth BRYANT in NC. as far as I know they hand only 1 son who
was Needham Judge ALFORD b 12 Jul 1789 in Butte, NC

Jacob ALFORD then married Frankie B. SEABORN in 1792
Their children were:
Moses b. 1785 (May have been stepson)
Edwin Barksdale b 25 Nov 1793 m Martha Jane "Patty" SMITH 20 Dec 1818
William b 1800 m. Eveline
Warren 1802
Seaborn John b 11 oct 1807 m Mary Catherine FELDER 29 Dec 1831
Lucy b. 1809 m. William G. MAINES
Julius Harmon b 1819 m Augusta ADDISON 1843
Rebecca b 1823 m. Releigh HAZARD 20 jan 1826
Joseph C b 1826
Moses b 1828
Needham b 1830

Is anyone related to this particular family? I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you
Regena English

Posted: 8 Jul 2002 11:32PM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2006 1:51PM GMT
Regena, it would appear that our great, great, Grandfathers were brothers. I am descended from Edwin Alford. I do have some slightly different dates than yours and also can add a sibling. Also descended from Jacob Alford and Frankie B. Seaborn was:
Martha Alford md. W. Stovall

Jacob and Frankie are listed on the 1790 Census in Montgomery County, Georgia.

Also, both relatives of my Surname (Daniel) and the Alfords moved to Washington Parish, LA. Apparently, the Alfords, Daniels, and possibly the Bryants all moved West at approximately the same time from NC. I would be very interested in whatever family history you have from North Carolina. I could not find Butte or Bute county. I can supply you with more detail of the Edwin Alford clan if you are interested.

Kelly Daniel

Posted: 13 Jul 2002 3:34AM GMT
Dear Kelly,

I would love to share information with you. Could you write me at my e-mail address and give me your mailing address? I will send you copies of the sparse information that I have. It seems that we may indeed be distant relatives.

Sincerely,
R. English

Posted: 4 Jun 2006 4:15PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2006 9:47PM GMT
My grandfathers father was Seaborn S. Alford, married Anise Ball, he is buried at Pleasant Valley Cemetary in Angie.

Posted: 6 Apr 2008 5:37PM GMT
Brumfield - - -my father, Willie J. Alford married Stella Bickham, his father was(Julius Alford)he was married to a Lillie Brumfield, his father was Seaborn S. Alford, he is buried in Pleasant Valley Cemetary, out from Angie, La. Washington Parish, Seaborn was married to Anice Ball.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions