Search for content in message boards

Hinds Cem. Book

Hinds Cem. Book

Scottie (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I notice quite a few of us have the Old Cemeteries of HInds Co. book. The author ( a cousin of mine whom I've never met) did an enormous amount of work and produced a very valuable resource. As with any project so large, however, there are mistakes. Is there any interest in correcting any such mistakes? I have corrections for the Wise/Fatherree Cem listed on page 210 if anyone wants them. We could post to this site so that anyone could make corrections. Any interest?

Matthews,Roberts

Joyce Matthews (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Matthews, Roberts
Jacob L and Euphrates Matthews living in Hinds County in the
town of Edwards. Seeking parents and siblings. 1860-1880
Seeking family of Hiram Gustavus Roberts of Hinds county
between 1840-1860.

Hinds Cemetery book

Carole Dorsey (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bracey, Johnson, Mimms, Mims, Sutton

Re: Hinds County

Scottie,

I would dearly love the address of the museum gift shop, and an e-mail address if you have it. I am in Chicago, and unfortunately can't jet down to Jackson at the present time. I really appreciate the help!

Thank you bunches,

Carole Dorsey

Bracey Cem.

Scottie (View posts)
Several people have gotten "Old Cemeteries of Hinds Co." by Mary Collins Landin from the Old Capitol Museum Gift Shop in
Jackson. If that is not an option, I can give you the author's address. It is probably available elsewhere, but I am in MO and don't know the others.

Hinds Cemetery Book

Carole Dorsey (View posts)
Surnames: Bracey, Johnson, mims, mimms, Sutton
Hi, Scottie,

My ancestors were from Hinds County and used to have a Bracey Cemetery in Jackson, MS. Is there any way I can get a copy of this book? I'd love to know who my grampa's parents were...

Thanks for your help!

Carole Dorsey

Hinds Cemetery Book

Patricia (View posts)
Surnames: Plyler, Anderson, Carson
Looking for graves of
Johnnie Anderson Carson (female) and her husband Albert Otho Plyler. Probably died in the mid to late 1900's.

They lived in Newton Ms in the early 1900's. They had at least one son Fred Carson Plyler Sr. b.8/13/1908 in Newton Ms, d.September 1966.

Do you have any information on these people?
Pinx40@aol.,com

Book corrections

Scottie (View posts)
I got no responses other than yours, so the project would probably not interest too many but thanks for the thought.

Several people have gotten "Old Cemeteries of Hinds Co." by Mary Collins Landin from the Old Capitol Museum Gift Shop in Jackson. If that is not an option, I can give you the author's address. It is probably available elsewhere, but I am in MO and don't know the others.

I do lookups if you have specific people you are looking for.

Hinds County Cemetery Book

Janis Fowler (View posts)
Surnames: Brown, Huff
I would donate my time in helping to place the data to the internet if you start the project.

I am interested in locating such a book also to view.

Thank you
Janis

wrong county???

Scottie (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
There are no Plylers indexed. I'm assuming Johnnie would have been buried under that name and not Carson. Newton is in Newton Co., not Hinds. Try there.

Harriet M. OWENS married Ormond HARRIS

Posted: 23 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: OWENS, HARRIS, HENDRICKS
When you have time would you check in your cemetery book for Harriet M. Harris and her father Abram Owens. Harriet m. Ormond Harris 1838 in Hinds Co. Friend Granberry Hendricks married at the same time. After Harriets death, Ormond m. Martha Brister daughter of John Brister.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions