Search for content in message boards

Becker Family-Schroeppel

Becker Family-Schroeppel

berit (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Becker, Kent, Collison, Otts, Letson, Hines, Spiegel
Abraham BECKER and his second wife, Eliza KENT, migrated from Herkimer Co. , resided in Onadaga Co, and settled in Schroeppel, Phoenix, Oswego Co. Many decendants resided in the Central NY region.Any information about this family is appreciated. Willing to share information.

Abraham Becker b.7Jan1809/1812, Schoharie Co.
Eliza Kent Becker b.1824. Greene Co.
Children: Henry-1843, George-1845, Elizabeth-1848, Charles-1852, Mortimer-1855, Cora-1850, Ebert-1869, Seymour-1875, Hoyt-1877.
Related Oswego Co.families:
COLLISON,SPIEGEL,OTTS,HINES,LETSON

Posted: 3 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Nov 2004 7:22PM GMT
Surnames: Letson
We have a LETSON-L surname search group. We do have connections with the Oswego Co., New York area. Would appreciate information on the particular Letson in your line. Perhaps we can connect. Willing to share information
Bob

Hines

berit (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hines
Hi Sandy - I'm not sure how much help I'll be.I haven't done alot of research on this side of the family yet.

Re: Buffalo, Erie Co.: I did find a mention of a Hiram Hines in the 1860 Federal Census ( Erie Co Ny 739 Wales Fed. Pop Schedule, Index NY 44432352 )

Re: Oswego Co: The following is the Hines that appears in our Becker line in Schroeppel Twp. , Oswego Co, NY:
Hiram Hines ( b. abt 1838 ) m. Emily Letson (b. abt 1846 )
Children: Elizabeth 1870, Clara, Dora, Ella

Note: Elizabeth( aka Libbie ) m. Mortimer Becker. She died 1940 and is buried in Phoenix Rural Cemetery with her husband.
Note: Emily Letson was the daughter of John Henry and Dorcas Nelson Letson of Oneida Co. Residents of Schroeppel, Oswego

Hines of Buffalo/ERie NY

Sandy Harmsen (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hines, Brandow, Pirie

I am looking for any info. on any Hines from the NY area... I just recently found out that my ancestors from Canada/Ontario area were born in Buffalo.

I'd love to hear from you,
Thanks,
Sandy

Hirum Hines

Alice W Schiesswohl (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hines
I found a Hirum Hines, aged 3, on the 1850 census for town of Phoenix, Oswego County, NY. Parents: Nathan, 32, & Mary, 38.

Hannah Letson

Posted: 17 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 10:45PM GMT
Surnames: Letson, Hotaling
Seeking LETSON, Hannah b. about 1860. Married HOTALING, Theodore in Phoenix NY. Had son Seymour b. 1885, Tracy, etc.

Kin lived in W. Monroe, Schroepple, Union Settlement, Pennelville, etc.

We must be "cuzzins"! No?
Andy

Re: Letson

Vicki Sergent (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2002 10:56PM GMT
Surnames: Letson, Sergent
I am looking for information on a John Letson Sergent (Sargent, Sarjant, Sergeant, etc.) born in 1823. Place of b. unknown, but oral history has East Coast, parents, unk., trained to be a physician in Indiana, and then moved to Chicage to practice. It looks like there may be connections if the "John Letson" part of name preserves mother's line.
Vicki
Posted: 8 May 2002 1:48AM GMT
We are not related to a Letson, but a few years ago my husband and I were doing research on his family tree in the state of Indiana--in the process of xeroxing info in the genealogy dept of the library we inadvertantly ended up with other names on the pages....I'm not sure what the title of the book was, but here's the info about John Burns/Mary E. Letson...."John Burns was born, January 14,1814, at Utica, N.Y. His wife, Mary E. Letson, was born, September 29, 1820, in Orleans County, N.Y. Early in the thirties, they removed to Oakland County, Mich. In the spring, John came to Indiana, entered his farm in Section 29, built a cabin, and the following year brought his family. No remarkable events or wonderful occurrences have marked his life. It has been the hard and laborious life of whose best days were surrounded by privation and care, whose house was full of children; but it has been the life of the "noblest work of God---an honest man," and his life has been useful to his fellow-man. In church and in community, John Burns was never an unknown quantity. Mrs. Burns deceased September 17, 1875. The children of these are Julia, Ann, Justus, Lovina, Abram, Maria, Rufus, Hannah, Ellen, Jane. Mr. Burns survives, hale and hearty for a man of his years."
Obviously it was an old Bio book of the area settlers that we copied the text from. Hope this info adds to your searchs.
Posted: 8 May 2002 1:48AM GMT
We are not related to a Letson, but a few years ago my husband and I were doing research on his family tree in the state of Indiana--in the process of xeroxing info in the genealogy dept of the library we inadvertantly ended up with other names on the pages....I'm not sure what the title of the book was, but here's the info about John Burns/Mary E. Letson...."John Burns was born, January 14,1814, at Utica, N.Y. His wife, Mary E. Letson, was born, September 29, 1820, in Orleans County, N.Y. Early in the thirties, they removed to Oakland County, Mich. In the spring, John came to Indiana, entered his farm in Section 29, built a cabin, and the following year brought his family. No remarkable events or wonderful occurrences have marked his life. It has been the hard and laborious life of whose best days were surrounded by privation and care, whose house was full of children; but it has been the life of the "noblest work of God---an honest man," and his life has been useful to his fellow-man. In church and in community, John Burns was never an unknown quantity. Mrs. Burns deceased September 17, 1875. The children of these are Julia, Ann, Justus, Lovina, Abram, Maria, Rufus, Hannah, Ellen, Jane. Mr. Burns survives, hale and hearty for a man of his years."
Obviously it was an old Bio book of the area settlers that we copied the text from. Hope this info adds to your searchs.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic