Search for content in message boards

Jacob Ulrich and KS Church of the Brethren

Jacob Ulrich and KS Church of the Brethren

Amy Moynahan (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2001 8:38PM GMT
Researching Jacob who helped start the Church of the Brethren in Lawrence ,Kansas. Was possibly killed during Lawrence Massacre (Civil War). I cannot find the name of his wife anywhere!

Jacob Ulrich/Church Of Brethren, Lawrence, KS

Posted: 2 Jun 2001 12:25PM GMT
Edited: 21 Feb 2003 6:32AM GMT
Hi: The Jacob Ulrich you refer to was my great, great grandfather. I have the complete history of the Ulrich family that I have compiled, now consisting of almost 200 pages, going back to the first Ulrich ancestor to arrive about 1725 to No. America.
You can contact me directly at papajoeu@aol.com.

Joe Ulrich

Re: Jacob Ulrich and KS Church of the Brethren

Nancy Marotto (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2001 7:52PM GMT
Hi Amy,
I have quite a bit of info on Jacob Ulrich (Sr.).
Jacob Ulrich b. 10 July 1803 Roaring Spring, PA
d. 24 Nov 1863 Pleasent Grove, Douglas Co., KS
Father John Ulrich Mother Christina Brumbaugh
married:
Mary Hoover b. 3 Dec 1809 Blair Co., PA
d. 22 Oct 1883 Pleasent Grove, Douglas Co., KS
Father John Hoover Mother Elizabeth Brumbaugh

they had 13 children:
1) Elizabeth Ulrich b.16 Feb 1830 Wayne Co., IN d. 15 Mar 1840 Hagerstown, Wane Co., IN
2) Benjamin Ulrich b. 1831 or 32 in IN d. 20 Jan 1913 Douglas Co., KS m. Esther Shively
3) Ann Ulrich b. 1832? d. 1912 buried Ulrich Cemetery near Pleasent Grove, Douglas Co., KS m.1 Phillip Cook m.2 JAmes Adair
4) John Ulrich b. 1836 d. 1863 PA m. Lydia Bower
5) Daniel Ulrich b. 5 April 1838 d. 21 March 1919 KS?
m. 1 Mary E Weybright (Waybright) m.2 Mary E Winter
6) Susan Ulrich b. 1839 m. Wesley Flory
7)Christina Ulrich b. abt 1840 m. John C. Metzger (Metsker)
8) Jacob Ulrich (Jr.)b. 6 Aug 1840 Hagerstown, Wayne Co., IN d. 8 Sept 1922 Monte Vista, CO. m. Mary Ann Studebaker 17 June 1861 Lawrence, Douglas Co.,KS buried Fredonia, Wilson Co., KS (my great grandfather)
9) Isaac Ulrich b. abt 1843 d. 31 July 1845 Hagerstown, Wayne Co., IN
10) Mary Ulrich b. 1844 d. 1925 m. Joseph M. Shively
11) Henry Ulrich b. 1845 d. ca 1898 m. Martha J. James
12) Samuel Ulrich b. 8 Nov 1848 Hagerstown, Wayne Co., IN d. 24 May 1851 Hagerstown Co., IN
13) Sarah Ulrich b. ca 1849 d. young, Pleasent Grove Douglas Co.,KS
I can send you more updated info and the latest copy of the Ulrich Cousin's Newsletter if you will send me your snail mail address to nmarotto3@hotmail.com.
I have several papers on the life of Jacob and his father John Ulrich. Also photos of Jacob's houses in IN and KS also photo of their headstones and many in the Ulrich Cemetery near Pleasent Grove, KS.
Best of Luck,
Nancy Marotto

Re: Jacob Ulrich/Church Of Brethren, Lawrence, KS

Posted: 6 Sep 2001 12:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Aug 2007 10:36PM GMT
I wonder if you could help me. My GG Grandfather was John George Ulrich, brother of Jacob Ulrich and Casper Ulrich. I am looking for any information that can help me trace the family back further. Can you help?

Posted: 6 Sep 2001 3:24AM GMT
Edited: 21 Feb 2003 6:32AM GMT
Hi John: Sorry, I can't find them in my direct line. However, there were so many Ulrich children who had children with thse names that it is certainly possible. In my research I have run across John George Ulrich, Casper Ulrich and of course Jacob Ulrich. I don't recall knowing they were in my line though.
If you haven't done so, try www.usgenweb.org and www.familysearch.org. I believe family search and ancestry.com have merged.

Wish I could help.

Joe Ulrich

Posted: 3 Jul 2014 11:42PM GMT
Surnames: Ulrich
I have not been able to contact Joe Ulrich. Is there anyone who got the Ulrich family information from him and would be willing to share? Specifically, I am trying to find our if anyone knows who Jacob Ulrich Sr.'s (Douglas County Kansas) grandfather was? There is conflicting information in different family trees. Some believe it is Daniel Ulrich; others believe it is Stephen Ulrich Jr. Does anyone know for sure, with documentation to back the fact up?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions