Search for content in message boards

Woodlawn Cemetery near Chelsea, MA.

Woodlawn Cemetery near Chelsea, MA.

Jean Mayo (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2006 4:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone live in this area who can check 2 grave stones for me? I am in need of the information from 2 grave stones in Woodlawn Cemerery near Chelsea, MA. for:

1. Thomas Damerall ( b. c. 1812-15 to 1887 ).
2. Mary Anne ( Heddon ) Damerall, his wife ( b.c. 1815-17 to after 1887 ).
Can anyone help?
Jean Mayo.

Re: Woodlawn Cemetery near Chelsea, MA.

Posted: 1 Apr 2011 11:04AM GMT
Hi Jean - I will be heading to Everett after the snow melts - do you have a location for the graves? I do have map of the cemetery. Let me know.

Teri

Posted: 2 Apr 2011 10:22AM GMT
Surnames: Kerr, McInnes
Hi Teri,

My gr-gr-grandparents (KERR) are buried at the Woodlawn, and I found out several years ago that they were charging $75 if you wrote to them for a genealogy look-up. I just went to their web site and see they have upped the charge to $85 (for 2 or more names).

http://www.woodlawncemetery.com/news/news.html

It was 2-3 yrs. ago when I drove over there and, when you go in person to the office, they do not charge. I was able to find the stone, but was surprised that it was a very small stone. Worse, it didn't include any names, just "Father and Mother." From memory, I don't think anyone is buried with them.

What I need to do is drive there again, because I forgot to inquire about the stones very close to them. Someone had suggested that a family-member might be buried beside them. So, I need to find the surnames of the stones beside them to see if they are familiar on their family-tree.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

FYI:

Robert and Elizabeth KERR died ~1905
son, William and Elizabeth KERR, buried at Bell Rock, Malden
dau., Mrs. Mary McINNES, I think is buried in Medford
2 youngest sons went to Washington State;
one buried there; one returned to MA - I know not where.
(another dau. never found)

Posted: 2 Apr 2011 11:55AM GMT
Hi, from Dracut!!!

Was there a center stone - I know that one of my Roche family graves (in Holy Cross) has a center stone with the smaller ones grouped around it (you know how they liked to keep the family nice and neat back then). That would be the only thing I could think of since they don't have a surname attached to mother and father.

I figured you might have gotten somewhere since you posted your original thread, but it never hurts to respond to people, even after a long time has passed.

Take care, Teri

Posted: 2 Apr 2011 11:57AM GMT
You said Bell Rock in Malden - I knew Kerrs in Melrose when I was a kid, but assumed they all ended up in Wyoming Cemetery, where my parents are buried. Small world.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions