Search for content in message boards

Sampson REED of Scott county Tenn.

Sampson REED of Scott county Tenn.

Kelli (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2000 7:04PM GMT
I am looking for information on Sampson REED's parents. Sampson himself married Angenetty Phillips in 1874. We do not know his father's name, only the last which is REED, we do know his mother's name. It was Patty REED. We would like to know more about Patty, her maiden name, and mostly if she was full native American. WE have picture of her and she looks Native American. Please let me know if you have any information on this. Thank you!!

Sampson Reed

Posted: 15 Dec 2000 5:39AM GMT
Edited: 28 Sep 2004 11:04AM GMT
Have just this week learned of a Sampson Reed(b.1827), Scott County, TN married to Sarah Phillips (from another message poster). Finally found my grt-grandfather through her after searching for 5 years.Don't know if this is who you're looking for, but we can compare notes. Kate. rcreid48@aol.com

GRANDPA EWELL REED

ELLA LEWIS (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2000 9:09AM GMT
KATE WE ARE COUSINS,EWELL REED WAS MY GREAT GRANDFATHER,HE HAD 4 CHILDREN WITH WITH MY GRANDMOTHER I HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING WHAT YEAR THEY WERE MARRIED MY GRANDMOTHER WAS THE YOUNGEST SHE WAS BORN 1864,EWELL IS CONNECTED TO SAMPSON REED,ZEKE NEWPORT, AND THE JEFFERS FAMILY WRITE ME ELLA LEWIS LEWISLEJ@AOL.COM

Sampson Reed

heather(reed)roberts (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2001 8:42AM GMT
I have a Sampson Reed in my family tree who married(I have)Anqanetta Phillips and they were married in 1874.His father is Campbell County Reed(which is my 3rd great grandfather)-his mother is Martha "Patsy" Ann Chitwood.She might of went by Patty,if this helps let me know-I do have more info. on her.You can also e-mail me at HEATHERANGEL3@HOTMAIL.COM

sampson reed

marilyn phukan (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2001 6:16PM GMT
My grandfather's ( Elihu Reed of Scott Co TN)death certificate has information give by my grandmother who said his father was Sampson Reed from VA and his mother was Ferby Lawson of unknown birth place. I am wondering if these two your Sampson and Elihu could be brothers. Elihu Reed (1854 - 1928) My mother was his second family and he died when she was 11 so she has little knownedge of him.

reed family

Kelli Durham (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2001 9:26PM GMT
I have done so much research and have never come up with an Elihu Reed in our family. There were about 3 Sampson Reed. One Uncle and nephew. There are, however, many different accounts of the family. A lot do not list my grandmothers aunts and uncles. i know they exist! THe other I am am not sure of. Both Sampson Reeds in my family were born in Tenn. I am sorry I could not be of help. Here is a place to go to.
http://www.rootsweb.com/~tncambe/family/reed.html

Re: sampson reed

Posted: 9 Aug 2001 5:03AM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2002 1:00AM GMT
my great grandfather was elihu reed. he died 8-2-1928 in whitley co. ky I'll bet your mothers name is myrtle or bulih? I kind of thought there could be two familes..this could be the break i have been looking for please contact me.. bud

Re: sampson reed

Posted: 16 May 2002 1:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Mar 2003 12:20PM GMT
Surnames: REED, ELKINS
I just stumbled on this while searching for info on Elihu Reed.
He is a great grandfather of mine...He was married to my great grandmother Susis Elkins. I have some info on them and Sampson Reed. Does anyone have pictures of Elihu or Sampson.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic