Search for content in message boards

Deaux, Monroe County, Alabama

Deaux, Monroe County, Alabama

wesley Winters (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Mar 2012 2:16PM GMT
Surnames: Bordeaux, Deaux
My grandfather Joseph Bordeaux was born somewhere in France, he left there, I do not know why or exactly how old he was, I heard he was a young man, he went to Montreal, Canada for a while and I heard that he was about to be drafted into the British military so he left Canada and went to Alabama, he took the (Bor) off of his name and went by the name Deaux the rest of his life, He may have had a brother that also came to canada with him. If anyone out there has any information plese email me, I want so very much to know about my ancestors and about my grandfather. thank you

Re: Deaux, Monroe County, Alabama

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 5:47AM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2012 3:26AM GMT
Surnames: Deaux
I recently joined Ancestry.com and just saw this post. There may not be a connection but my great grandfather was from Canada then moved to Monroe County, Alabama. His name was Joseph James Deaux. His birthday was July 30, 1836 and died Sept. 3, 1913. He is buried in Little River, Alabama.

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 7:32AM GMT
My name is Jean Pine and am the family genealogist. My oldest nephew is Paul Lamont Deaux II and my niece is my niece is Melissa Carleen Deaux. So I have done work on the Deaux family off and on over the last 30+ years. When I started, my former brother-in-law told me much of what you have stated in your inquiry, except I had forgotten the part about why Joseph had left Canada to come to Alabama. Over the years I haven't had access to the part of Ancestry that had info about other countries. But thinking back in history the reason is logical. I have a great deal about his descendants in Alabama. You can find more about them in Baldwin County, Alabama. My ex-brother-in-law lives in Jacksonville, Florida. The line is Joseph Deauux married Adelle Miles, James Joseph Deaux married Corrine Boone, Floyd Lamont married Jacquiline Sheetz, Paul Lamont Deaux married 1st, my sister, Jody Pine, now married to Elizabeth Glisson Deaux, Paul Lamont Deaux II, my nephew who is not married, but has a daughter named Kaitlyn who is now 11. Joseph had other children that I have info on as well as the children of James Joseph and Corrine. I also have a great deal of info on Corrine Boone. You can reach me at jeanpine@bigriver.net and let me know what in particular you want that you haven't collected since you placed your post. Jean Pine

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 7:34AM GMT
My name is Jean Pine and am the family genealogist. My oldest nephew is Paul Lamont Deaux II and my niece is my niece is Melissa Carleen Deaux. So I have done work on the Deaux family off and on over the last 30+ years. When I started, my former brother-in-law told me much of what you have stated in your inquiry, except I had forgotten the part about why Joseph had left Canada to come to Alabama. Over the years I haven't had access to the part of Ancestry that had info about other countries. But thinking back in history the reason is logical. I have a great deal about his descendants in Alabama. You can find more about them in Baldwin County, Alabama. My ex-brother-in-law lives in Jacksonville, Florida. The line is Joseph Deauux married Adelle Miles, James Joseph Deaux married Corrine Boone, Floyd Lamont married Jacquiline Sheetz, Paul Lamont Deaux married 1st, my sister, Jody Pine, now married to Elizabeth Glisson Deaux, Paul Lamont Deaux II, my nephew who is not married, but has a daughter named Kaitlyn who is now 11. Joseph had other children that I have info on as well as the children of James Joseph and Corrine. I also have a great deal of info on Corrine Boone. You can reach me at jeanpine@bigriver.net and let me know what in particular you want that you haven't collected since you placed your post. Jean Pine

Posted: 6 Aug 2013 5:29PM GMT
Surnames: Deaux
Hello,
My name is Teri lamb. I am descendant of Joseph Deaux (and Adelle Miles)born 1836 in Canada.
I would like to compare trees.
My email is ravensmind@comcast.net.

Thank you,
Teri

Posted: 7 Aug 2013 4:14PM GMT
Teri:

Adelle Miles was the daughter of Francis W. Miles (father) & Nancy Stiggins. Have you done research on the Stiggins clan? My wife descends from Nancy's sister Matilda who married George Waggoner. Would love to chat.

Ken Johnson
khjohnson1957@yahoo.com

Posted: 7 Aug 2013 4:38PM GMT
Hi Teri,
I would love to share information concerning the Deaux family. My grandfather was Henry Miles Deaux, son of Joseph Deaux.
If there is anything specific that you would like to know just e-mail me at leoreville@comcast.net.

Leo
per page

Find a board about a specific topic