Search for content in message boards

Kozmon Kozman Kosman Hudek

Kozmon Kozman Kosman Hudek

Posted: 9 Nov 2013 7:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Nov 2013 4:49AM GMT
Surnames: Kozmon, Hudek, Kozman, Kosman, Mecarikova
Looking for descendants of my Grand Uncle's family. My Grandfather Lukas Kozmon 1904-1972 had a brother Ladislav J. Kozman 11 Aug 1902 born in Svaty Yur, Czeh/Slovakia. Ladislav became a U.S. Citizen 18 Nov 1926 in NY. Married Katherine Hudek (born 22 April 1912 in Svaty Yur, Hungary) on 30 Sept 1931 in Hamilton, Ohio. When the Hudek Family came to NY Katherine was Katalin Hudek, imagine the name change was there in NY. From what I have researched Ladislav and Katherine lived in NY, OH, and CT. When Ladislav died, Katherine moved back to Hamilton, OH. As a youth growing up in Hamilton she attended St. Joseph's School and Church.

I'm told by my Mother, Charlotte Kozmon (Married to Joseph G. Kozmon 1929-1981, Ladislav's nephew) that Ladislav and Katherine had a daughter, Kathleen. My Father and Kathleen had a good friendship as cousins resulting with my Father naming my sister Kathleen. They had about a 10/11 year difference in age with Kathleen possibly still living now. Oddly enough, my research revealed Ladislav and Katherine having a son Francis born 8 Mar 1933 in NY. My Mother does not recall them having a son, just the daughter Kathleen born around 1940. I have no research to document the daughter, Kathleen. The challenges of doing Family Trees.

I grew up in Higganum,CT. When I was in my young 20's my GrandMa, Anna Persek Kozmon (1905-1995), told me that Ladislav had lived right up the road on Little City Road in Higganum as I was growing up. I had never met my Grand Uncle or his wife or children. Very disappointing now as an adult.

Katherine Hudek Kosman (as she spelled it) died 5 Dec 1996 in Cincinnati, OH. Her parents were ?John Hudek, mother's maiden name Mecarikova. Katherine Hudek had siblings: Steve (1902), Annie (1908), and Joseph (1920).

There's my story of information. If any of this resembles a familiy member of yours I would enjoy sharing information to verify or to elliminate twigs to branches.
Attachments:

Re: Kozmon Kozman Kosman Hudek

Posted: 12 Nov 2013 1:43AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Kozmon, Halaby
MAYBE this is Francis and his wife's tombstone?

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=11...

His birth year is one year off, but it could still be him.

This is the same area as where his father died. Do you know if it's the same cemetery?

Posted: 12 Nov 2013 1:46AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Do any of these names ring a bell? (It's still not proven yet that this is "your" Francis' wife.)

Hartford Courant, The (CT) - Sunday, July 22, 2001

Deceased Name: KOZMON, GERALDINE (HALABY)

KOZMON, Geraldine (Halaby)
Geraldine (Halaby) Kozmon, 67, of Higganum, wife of Frank H. Kozmon, died at home on Thursday, (July 19, 2001). She was born in Middletown, the daughter of the late Alexander and Nellie (Fiducia) Halaby. She was a graduate of the Middlesex Hospital School of Nursing, Class of 1954. She later received her Bachelor's degree from St. Joseph's College in Maine, a Master's degree from the Central CT State University, and her certification in Oncology Nursing from Adelphi University in New York. She was retired from the Middlesex Memorial Hospital after well over 40 years of employment, in various charge and nurse management positions, and was most recently retired from the Whiting Forensic Institute, where she held the position of Head Nurse. She is survived by her husband of 39 years, Frank H. Kozmon of Higganum; her sons, Alexander of West Hartford, Jeffrey of Durham, Gregory of Higganum; her daughter, Alexis of Higganum; her sister, Helen Augeri of Cromwell; her niece, Kim Dickinson of Cromwell; her nephew, Kevin Augeri and his wife, Maryann of Cromwell; her aunt, Lucy Lowry and husband, Eric of Middletown; paternal aunt, Helen Geary of Middletown; several grand nieces and nephews; and her dear friends, Janet Sheehan, Jack and Gwen Valley, Margaret Michele, and all of her friends at Whiting Forensic, whom she loved dearly. Calling hours will be TODAY, July 22, from 6-8 p.m. at the Swan Funeral Home, 211 Main Street, Deep River. The funeral will be on Monday, July 23, at 8 a.m. at the Swan Funeral Home, with a Mass at 10 a.m. at the St. Ann Melkite Greek-Catholic Church, 41 Cross Road, Waterford. Interment in the Ressurection Cemetery, Westbrook. In lieu of flowers, the family is requesting memorial donations to be made to the St. Ann Melkite Greek-Catholic Church, Building Fund, 41 Cross Road, Waterford 06385.

Posted: 12 Nov 2013 2:00AM GMT
Classification: Census
Surnames: Kozmon, Kozman
From the 1940 US Census:

Name: Lukas Kozman
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1905
Race: White
Birthplace: Czechoslovakia
Marital Status: Married
Relation to Head of House: Head
Home in 1940: New York, Queens, New York
Street: 23 Avenue
Farm: No
Inferred Residence in 1935: New York, Queens, New York
Residence in 1935: Same Place
Resident on farm in 1935: No
Citizenship: Naturalized
Sheet Number: 3A
Number of Household in Order of Visitation: 38
House Owned or Rented: Rented
Value of Home or Monthly Rental if Rented: 22
Attended School or College: No
Highest Grade Completed: 8b
Hours Worked Week Prior to Census: 40
Class of Worker: Wage or salary worker in private work
Weeks Worked in 1939: 52
Income: 600
Income Other Sources: No
Neighbors: View others on page

Household Members:

Name

Lukas Kozman 35
Anna Kozman 34
Joseph Kozman 10
Frank Kozman 7

Did both Lukas and Ladislav have sons named Francis/Frank (Frank is often a nickname for Francis.)

Posted: 12 Nov 2013 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Kozmon
How do you know whether Frances (spelling used on naturalization record) is a boy or girl?

Also, how do you know this family is Lukas' brother's family? (just playing "Devil's Advocate" here.) Has any of the data on the naturalization record matched other data you've found?

Posted: 15 Nov 2013 3:38PM GMT
Hello eGENEee of the US Heartland. This is my Aunt Gerri, she married my Uncle Frank. Thank you, however I have this information. I was searching for family connections that I don't have or ones that are vague.

Posted: 15 Nov 2013 3:39PM GMT
Hello eGENEee. Yes this is my Aunt Gerri and Uncle Frank.

Posted: 15 Nov 2013 3:41PM GMT
Hello eGENEee. Lukas was my grandfather. Yes, it seems both brothers had a son Francis.

Posted: 15 Nov 2013 4:03PM GMT
Hello eGENEee. The families match for my family. I looked back at the document that I attached on my original message board and now noticed that the spelling is different cEs instead of cIs. So it could be that the daughter Kathleen was actually went by her middle name instead of her proper name. There are a few Kathleen Kosman/Kozmon/Kosman/Cosman s out there as you can tell.... one is my older sister (LIVING). I have not found the cousin (daughter) just my Grand Uncle and Grand Aunt.

I am in search of these two women and their families. My Grand Aunt Katherine Hudek Kosman (as she spelled it and signed as) married to my Grand Uncle Ladislav Kozman and her daughter. Now there's the missing pieces to the puzzle.

Donna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions