Search for content in message boards

looking for my ancestors

looking for my ancestors

J. Corkum (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2006 2:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Corkum and Wentzell
I am trying to find out a little history on my family.

My fathers name was Sinclair E. Corkum - born 1919, and was born and raised in Lunenburg - I believe it was Pleasantville. My Grandfathers name was Norman Corkum, and my Grandmothers name was Eugenie (Jean) Corkum, nee Wentzell.

Re: looking for my ancestors

Sandi (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2006 3:08AM GMT
Hello: I just saw your post for Lunenburg Co and noticed the Corkum name which I had just come across this week. In doing my family research McGlashing/Cameron I just received a copy of the Nominal Roll for WWl - the 246th Battalion Draft - along with many other names was Corkum. The 2 listed were as follows: Henry Stuart Corkum - next of kin - Norman Russell Corkum, Lunenburg, Lunenburg Co, N.S. - Henry Stuart enlisted in Lunenburg on March 11, 1916 - private - regimental # 282478. Next Corkum - James Corkum - next of kin - Hilbert Corkum - Chester, Lunenburg Co., N.S. - James enlisted in Halifax - Dec. 23, 1916 - private - regimental # 1060280. Hope this helps if you didn't already have the above. I will keep the Corkum name in mind as I do my own families research in the Chester Basin & Amherst area and forward anything I find. Take Care. Sandi

IDA BOURQUIN (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 7:51PM GMT
I HAVE AN AUGUSTA ELIZABETH CORKUM MARRIED TO ISRAEL STEWART - PARENTS OF MARTHA MINETTA STEWART-HUEY

IDA BOURQUIN (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2006 9:00PM GMT
LOOK INTO

automatedgeanealogy.com

Posted: 7 Feb 2010 8:41PM GMT
i have traced my family to the nova scotia corkums. norman is in that famly. ill be happy to share my info with you. my email address is armymom20096@yahoo.com

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 3:58AM GMT
Hello,
Have you found the info you were looking for back in 2006? I can help you. I notice a sister (Barbara) of Sinclair recently died in Nov. 2012.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic