Search for content in message boards

Shevey Family in Pound & Coleman Areas

Shevey Family in Pound & Coleman Areas

Jacqueline Newkirk (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shevey, Kostreva, Shettick, Czudnochowsky
Seeking information or connections to the Shevey, Kostreva, Shettick and Czudnochowsky families that lived in or near the Pound and Coleman areas of Oconto County in Wisconsin. In particular, the Karl & Katarina (Shettick) Shevey or John & Molly (Kostreva) Shevey families or the Gottlieb & Fredericka (Czudnochowsky) Kostreva family. The appropriate time frame would likely be 1880-1930 or so. There are likely several spelling variations of these names: Shivy, Shevy, Von Shivy, Chetek, Shettack and so forth. All correspondence will be answered.

Shevey - Shevy

Posted: 31 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 6:19PM GMT
Surnames: Shevey, Shevy
Hi,
A new obituary has been posted at:
http://www.rootsweb.com/~wioconto/hlentz.htm
on the Oconto County Site for Harry Lentz Sr. whose mother's name was Augusta SHEVY(Shevey?), father was Steve Lentz. He was born in Pound (1917) as one of 14 children, nine boys and five girls. All sisters are still living. His mother may have been a daughter of the John and Molly Shevey you seek. If so, there may people in the obit to contact. Hope this helps, Rita

Shevey

Megan (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Shevey, Czudnochowski, Kostreva, Leisner
I know a lot about this family; all of my relatives on my mom's side are descendants of the Czudnochowski's and most of them have the surname of Kostreva and Leisner. There is acually a book published on the Czudnochowski's, written by one of my relatives, and that is where I got most of the information I have. The furthest back the family can be traced is to Georg Czudnochowski, of East Prussia, born in 1600. Gottlieb & Fredericka (Czudnochowski) Kostreva are my great-great grandparents and I have quite a bit of information on them. Their daughter, and my great-grandmother, Esther Kosteva (Leisner), is still alive and lives in Pound in Oconto County, Wisconsin. I'm not sure of the name Shettick, but I'm sure I could find it in the book. I'd really appreciate a response- I'd been searching for family members for a while and I'm very glad I found your post! Thanks a bunch~ hope to hear from you!

Megan

Re: Shevey Family in Pound & Coleman Areas

Posted: 21 Oct 2003 12:30AM GMT
Surnames: Shevey, Olsheske, Tachick
Jacqueline,
I am also researching the same families. Karl and Katarina Shevey are my GG-grandparents. I tried to email you but it bounced. Contact me if you see this!

Czudnochowski

Posted: 10 Apr 2007 8:08PM GMT
Surnames: Czudnochowski
Hello Megan,

I have just begun my "quest". Some of my relatives names sound Polish to me. There was a great-great-great grandmother named Julie Czudnokowski (Married to a Carl Birkhan, and as you mentioned being knowledgeable about this name, perhaps you have run across anything interesting?

Re: Czudnochowski

Posted: 18 Jun 2010 9:47PM GMT
Hi

My Grandmothers maiden name was Shevey ( Shevy) not sure on spellings (Minnie Shevey) married my Grandfather Michael (Czudnochowski) name changed to Sidney at the time they imigrated, Coleman area Grandfather was a Foreman on the railroad out of Wausaukee...ref: Michael J, Anuta for writtings and book on family his Mother was also a Shevey (Lottie)

Re: Czudnochowski

Posted: 23 Jun 2010 1:07AM GMT

Re: Shevey Family in Pound & Coleman Areas

Posted: 3 Jun 2012 9:47PM GMT
Surnames: Leisner, Krostreva, Kralovetz
Hi, my mother is Genevieve Leisner from Pound, Wisconsin. Her and her auntie's were from the Krostreva, Kralovetz families. I really would love to here from you regarding the information you have. Auntie Molly Leisner, who was born in Pound, Wi, moved to Chicago then to Indiana, recently died and was brought back here to the First Baptist Cemetary in Pound, Wi. for burial. She was one of the last Leisner's from the immediate family. Now, I am struggling with finding out about my past. Please help me if you can.

Thanks.
CJ
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions