Search for content in message boards

Lewis A. Key family

Lewis A. Key family

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 5:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Sep 2006 4:00AM GMT
Surnames: Key
I am looking for any information on the family of Lewis A Key of Surry Co. NC He married Elizabeth Jones. Their daughter Emily Key Hiatt is my ggrandmother

Re: Lewis A. Key family

frances deveaux (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2003 3:37PM GMT
Surnames: Key-Jones
Bunny,
I have the following about the Lewia A. Key family:

Lewis A. Key b. July 6, 1815---d. Nov. 22 1884 Surry County, N.C.
spouse
Elizabeth T. Jones b. Mar. 6, 1815 Patrick County, Va.
d. Nov 5, 1890, Surry County, N.C.

children:
Nancy Jane------------------July 26,1836
Ellen----------------------------1836
William Jones---------------Mar. 29,1840
Sarah Elizabeth------------Jan 9,1842
Cornilla Frances------------Feb. 17,1847
John A.-------------------------1851
Martha Susan----------------Sept. 16,1853
Lida Emily---------------------Jan. 31,1859
Mary Isabel-------------------Dec. 25,1861

I am related though the Denny family but it is very distant, but this will give you something to work on. I got all of this from the internet and have not verified it. You should be able to verify if you have access to the census records.
Hope this helps you.
Frances

Bunny (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2003 4:32PM GMT
Thanks for your help. I found the graves this weekend in a field in surry co nc.

Posted: 27 Jul 2003 5:08PM GMT
Surnames: Key-Denny
Where are the graves? Were there any Denny's there? Have you ever heard of "Plantation Road" in or around the Pilot Mountain-Shoals area?
Frances

Posted: 27 Jul 2003 5:59PM GMT
Surnames: key
I can send you directions to the grave site if you like. The farm is now a housing development. LUCKLY, the grave site is behind a big beautiful home. The new owners want to clean up the graves and put up a fence and make it their family grave yard. I have a few pictures of it the way it is now. if you are intrested, send me your address and I will mail you a copy. Dennys,they are in that area, but I have not located there grave sites as of yet. I live about an hour away and only get up there and search when I have time. ( i work full time). On the surry co map there is a Plantation rd. I have not been there. An old man there told us to go 268 to white chapel chuch, there are Denny's in that area. Dennys are a part of my past also, I will be finding them.Stay in touch if you like and what ever I find I will let you know..Glad to share info.

Posted: 27 Jul 2003 9:50PM GMT
Surnames: Denny, Webb, Swaim, Benton
Bunny, Thanks, I would like to know where those graves are. I can go there when I have time and we have a digital camera. I live in King. My grandparents are buried at Whitakers Chapel Church. My family names are Denny-Webb-Swaim and Benton. A lot of my relatives were and are in Yadkin County. grew up in the Shoals area. Do you know where that is? I am having a lot of trouble with my Bentons. I can get back to 1820 and am stuck there. If you come across that name while you are researching, please let me know.

Bunny (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2003 3:56AM GMT
I'll send your info Monday night. I want to get the road names correct.My lines are Hiatt, Key, Denny, Jones, Armstrong, Kincannon, Shelton , Golding.. to name a few..

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 3:11AM GMT
To the Hiatt, Key graveyard..Take 52 to Cooke school rd. take left. go a couple of miles, and take Ararat Rd.to the left. Cross Ararat river stay on Ararat rd. Pass Mt. Zion chruch on right. Go about .7 of mile turn left on Green meadow rd. go to end. you will see a big gray brick home. they call it "lazy ass acres"The grave yard is behind the house. the people in house are retired and will take you to the graves. you can walk there from house...There are 5 graves there that we know of.... The only thing I have on the Denny's at this time is from Paul key. He is 83 and lives off ararat rd.He said go 268 to white chapel church turn right and go down rd... Happy hunting. Let me know if you find them..Bunny.

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 5:45PM GMT
Hi, Thanks for the instructions. I know where that is. Now if I could find the time to go up there! We are retired and still don't have enough time to do all that we want. I will let you know if I find anything on your names.
Frances

Posted: 3 Aug 2003 7:40PM GMT
Edited: 27 Aug 2004 1:18PM GMT
Surnames: Denney, Miller, Burris, Stoner, Hickerson, Land, Jones
I Samuel Denny 1722 and Susan Suddarth 1739 your Denny
line? I know some of this family came to Madison Co. KY,

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions