Search for content in message boards

ERKEL Dirk (richard ) Neeltje Mourik (Nellie)

ERKEL Dirk (richard ) Neeltje Mourik (Nellie)

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 9:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Erkell Mourick
I am looking for any information on this family from what i have on the birth certificate i have there sons are Martin (martinus)Erkel born 31.5.1886 he ended up living in new zealand and Pieter (peter) born 16.9.1873 he ended up liveing in Kent washington USA Both born in Rotterdam Zuid-Holland would really love to find the parents marriage certificate or any thing else on this family.
We beleave the family names was van erkel at one stage and bye the time the fmaily that got to new zealand it was spelt Erkell

Re: ERKEL Dirk (richard ) Neeltje Mourik (Nellie)

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 11:08PM GMT
The marriage certificate you will find it here :

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-159367-238-18?cc=...

They had more childeren : have a look at the familycard :

http://rotterdam.digitalestamboom.nl/scan.aspx?book=R&id...

Don't forget to click on top of the card on "volgende"

Bye for now.

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 12:01AM GMT
Thank you so much for that Janteam my husband is over the moon he will sit down tonight and see if he can read the marriage cert as he can read and speck dutch he lived there for 8 years.

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 12:17PM GMT
I'm glad I could help you

I used this site : http://rotterdam.digitalestamboom.nl/search.aspx

The familycard starts in Januari 1886.
They lived in Delfshaven but in 1886 it became part of Rotterdam.

Not all the children are mentioned. Daughter Trijntje born 30-Aug-1867 Rotterdam died 05-May-1875 Rotterdam

If you need help with some Dutch words just let me know.

Bye , Jan

Posted: 6 May 2013 4:10AM GMT
Hi jan
Sorry to write to you again but you sent me a site for the erkel family card on the back it had the address of were the family lived i was wondering if you could read any of the names as my brother and sister in law are doing a trip to Europe in 2 weeks and are going to do a visit to delfshaven Rotterdam and would like to see if they can get some photos of the family home the erkel family lived in.
We can not seem to work any of them out.

Posted: 6 May 2013 7:11PM GMT
No problem helping you.

I didn't do any research but keep in mind that Rotterdam was heavy bombed in the beginning of WW-2 so I don't know if the streets still exist or if so it is possible the housenumbers changed.

The addresses mentioned on the card are :Josephstraat 34 ,Binnenweg 95-6 ,Josephstraat 184 , Hartmanslaan 39-2 ,Gaffelstraat 54 ,Jan van Loonslaan 1 ,Schoutenstraat 126 and Oosteinde 6-b.

Bye , Jan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions