Search for content in message boards

Gene Stratton Porter, Jeanette Porter-Meehan

Gene Stratton Porter, Jeanette Porter-Meehan

Posted: 20 Feb 2003 1:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Dec 2004 8:24PM GMT
Surnames: Porter, Stratton, Meehan
Does anyone have any relation to/interest in Gene Stratton Porter, Jeanette Porter-Meehan, James Leo Meehan I & II, or John Edwin Meehan I-V?

If anyone has any information they'd like to share, I'd love to have it. And if anyone has any questions about the Porter-Stratton-Meehan families, I would be more than happy to answer. Thank you.

Re: Gene Stratton Porter, Jeanette Porter-Meehan

Posted: 28 Feb 2003 11:56PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2004 8:24PM GMT
Surnames: Porter
I have a cousin Gene Stratton Porter, b. 1923, born and raised in Nocona, Tx. Is this the Gene you are looking for?
I am trying to find our grandfather's, Wm. Thos. Porter, b. in Boonville, Mo., parents. Would you have any information on them?
Elizabeth Porter Kilgore

Posted: 1 Mar 2003 7:51PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2004 8:25PM GMT
Surnames: Porter, Wiley
Gene Stratton Porter (female) - Author of GIRL OF THE LIMBERLOST, LADDIE, and many other books of early 20th century. Home in Geneva, IN, I believe. (Limberlost is a creek that empties into Wabash River near IN/OH line).

I'm interested in knowing her husband's line - Porter.

My Wiley/Porter ancestry on Ohio side of line - Mercer Co., OH 1850 on. Married in Co. Donegal, Ireland 1847.

Posted: 30 Mar 2003 9:53PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2004 8:26PM GMT
i know just about all there is to know about my great great grandmother gene s. porter, and have been the limberlost cabin several times..but i'll have to inquire within my family for information regarding her husband's family-line. i will get back to you. :)

Posted: 10 Dec 2004 1:21AM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2005 12:08PM GMT
Surnames: Stratton, Grady
I am looking for Nettie Stratton b 1893 and Veral Lucille b 1900 . their mother was Anna I do not know what their fathers name was . He is suppoused to have been a Dr and died treating people in some epidemic. They were either from Indiana or Ohio. Anna remarried a man named Alvin Grady in Wyandot county ohio
I would like to find out more about Nettie and her family who her father was.
It is a family story that she was a cousin to Gene Stratton Porter

Diane (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2004 6:21PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2004 8:26PM GMT
Hi What I found out about my Porter family so far is most of them where Oregon and washington area I will try to fined out more and write you what I find out. I hope you find your family.
Diane

Posted: 26 May 2010 5:36PM GMT
http://www.renderplus.com/hartgen/htm/porter.htm

This is a GREAT genealogy of Gene's husband Charles' family.

Posted: 29 May 2012 3:03PM GMT
My paternal great-grandfather four generations removed, Joseph Stratton b. 1788, Sussex County, NJ, is Gene Stratton-Porter's paternal grandfather. William Stratton, b. 1810, a son of Joseph, is my great-grandfather three generations removed and is the elder brother to Gene's father, Mark Stratton. My relationship to Gene is own first cousin four times removed.

I'm interested in corresponding about various topics related to GS-P, her son-in-law James Leo Meehan, and other Stratton family relatives of GS-P who resided in the Los Angeles area at the same time and their descendants. I may be contacted at douglas.stratton@thestrattonfoundation.org and futher information about the foundation is at www.thestrattonfoundation.org

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 1:40PM GMT
Surnames: Thomas
My husband is the first son of Gene Stratton Porter. We have been living in Geneva, Switzerland for more than 40 years.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions