Search for content in message boards

RICHARDSON

RICHARDSON

Posted: 18 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Oct 2002 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: RICHARDSON, REEVES, HAYLES
I have John A. RICHARDSON b 1823 AL married SUSANNAH REEVES 1847 Monroe County, AL. I have a possible brother to JOHN A.....REDDIN RICHARDSON. Would love to make a connect.

RICHARDSON

Posted: 18 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 May 2004 7:05PM GMT
Surnames: RICHARDSON, CLARK, PHELPS, MCLEOD, HICKS, BROWN
I am looking for the family and ancestors of JOHN RICHARDSON. b. SC late 1700s. Married ELIZABETH CATHERINE ...?... b. 1791 SC. (Mother was Scots..Father was German) Moved to Marion Co., GA by 1830s. Considered one of Marion Co., GA first pioneers. Children: Mary, Mahala, George. Could possibly be more. A Rachael was listed as a child in 1850 census of Marion Co., GA. She was 37 yrs old. John Richardson died or was not listed on the census from 1850 on. Would like to know about his family and exactly where he was from in SC. Any thing will help.

Reddin Richardson

Barbara W. Carlson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT

John Richardson

Posted: 2 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 1:05AM GMT
I have a John Richardson b. 1778 d. 1831 m. to Elizabeth Purdy b. 1792. They were in S. Car. I wonder if these are part of your Richardsons?

Reddin J Richardson

Christie Shannon (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Richardson, Gallaspy, Beasley, Vickery, Sims

Reddin J. and Mary Ann Gallaspy Richardson were my ancestors. I have been searching for his father's connection to South Carolina. I have heard his father was Joseph but can find no common name withn my line. Please send me information on your Joseph and his wife's name as well as their children and were they lived. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reddin J. Richardson

Barbara W. Carlson (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Richardson, Beasley
Thank you for your reply to my query. I suspect that your Reddin J. and my line are the same and that they go back to John Richardson and Phillis of Isle of Wight CO VA. This line is on Clois Richardson's Website: www.familytreemaker.com/users/r/i/c/Clois-Burton-Richardson. Because the county lines moved around so much the same people are mentioned in Nash CO NC, Johnston Co NC and Halifax District and County NC. The line runs as follows: Darlington CO, SC: THOMAS RICHARDSON'S Will dated 1811, recorded in 1812 names JOSEPH RICHARDSON his son and heir. JOSEPH R. md (1) to (?). They had 3 children: RACHEL RICHARDSON (b. ca 1800) md ARISS WOODHAM II, PRUDENCE, and WRIGHT MONTILLION RICHARDSON b. 1798 md DICEY BEASLEY b. 1805 in SC. The children of Wright and Dicey: ELIAS, b. 1824 in SC, REDDIN JAMES, b. 1825 in SC, THOMAS JOSEPH b. 1829 in SC, SARAH ANN MARIAH b. 1832 in SC, STEPHEN BEASLEY b. 1834 in AL, WRIGHT b. 1839 in AL, CANDIS b. 1841 in AL, JOHN b. 1844 in AL and EDWARD MONTILLION b. 1847 in AL. JOSEPH RICHARDSON md 2nd to SARAH BEASLEY, widow of CHARLES BEASLEY of Darlington SC. In 1814 there is a Deed from JOSEPH RICHARDSON of Darlington District SC selling his property in Nash County NC to ABIJAH PRIDGEN of Nash Co NC. Witnesses were GEORGE BODDY and JOHN RICHARDSON. We figured that is when JOSEPH and THOMAS both moved to SC from NC. There is quite a bit written about them in the Nash CO court records.

Please tell me about your REDDIN RICHARDSON and MARY ANN GALLASPY.

Thanks for your response.

Barbara

William Richardson

Posted: 23 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 11:42AM GMT
Surnames: Richardson, Reeves, Rice, Satcher, Bolton, Jacobs
That will is very interesting, because I have a William Richardson b:Nov. 9, 1859 in England d:Nov. 9, 1918 in Alabama and he is tied in with my Rice family. I have him married to Laura Christine Satcher b:1861 in Alabama d:Nov.11, 1955. Married probably 1876-77 in Alabama. I also have Della White Richardson b:Jan. 3, 1882 d:Jun. 18, 1966. I think she was the daughter of William. She married Henry Jackson Bolton on Jun. 4, 1899. Do you see any conection here with your family? I would greatly appreciate any help. Kbrown7128@aol.com

Re: Reddin J Richardson

Posted: 17 Sep 2001 12:45AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jan 2002 8:43PM GMT
I have a Redding Richardson, b. 1810 in Barnwell, SC, d. by 1868 in Baker Co., GA., son of Thomas Richardson. First wife unknown, second wife "Cloa" (according to census).

Posted: 17 Sep 2001 2:22AM GMT
Edited: 23 Oct 2002 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: Richardson,
I am interested to learn if my John A. Richardson might belong to your line. The name of Dicey caught my eye. John A. Richardson b 1823 AL married Susannah Reeves. Among their children was a daughter, Mary Lou Dicey b 1861. Other known children: Susannah, Jane, John, Martha, Joanna, Julia A. I have in my notes that John A. Richardson had a brother, Reddin Richardson b 1826. Would love to think there might be a connect!

Posted: 17 Sep 2001 3:16PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jan 2002 8:43PM GMT
Our Redding Richardson was born 1810 in Barnwell District. He has a son, John F. and a possible brother may have been John Richardson (middle initial unknown), born near the same time as Redding. However, This John did not move to Alabama and died young. We had a John A. Richardson, born 1817 in Beaufort District, S.C. but he lived all his life and died in Savannah, GA. Sorry. The name, Reddin, makes me wonder if there isn't some connection of ours to yours, but right now I can't figure out who it could be. Perhaps one of our very early Richardsons moved to Alabama and named their children after their brothers back home.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic