Search for content in message boards

Krohn Schanche Family

Krohn Schanche Family

Vicki Moore (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Krohn, Garmann, Schanche
I am looking for info on the family of my grandmother, Edith Krohn Schanche Moore who was born in the US or Norway (probably Bergen or Oslo) around Oct. 21, 1886. She was raised as a daughter by Henninge Krohn Schanche who was born in Bergen in 1860. Henninge married her cousin Herman Garmann Schanche in America. She had an adopted brother, Peter Balle Hoem Krohn, who died in Oslo around 1901. Edith may have actually been his daughter. The Schanches and the Krohns were from Bergen, possibly from Portugal before that. They may have been Sephardic Conversos. Thanks, Vicki Moore

Krohn, Schanche & Garmann families

PR (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
The online version of the LDS catalog indicates that they have a book on microfilm which subject is listed as "Genealogy of the Garman, Schanche, Krohn and Hopstock families of Bergen, Bergen County, Norway between the 1600s and 1876."
There also appear to be other books about these family names in Norway.

Re: Krohn Schanche Family

Terje Pedesen (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2001 11:20PM GMT
Surnames: Krohn Schanche
According to Roger de Robelin; Skanke aetten, page 324:
Herman Garmann Schanche, born april 22, 1860, deceased March 23 1941 in Oslo, engeneer, married June 16, 1884 in Philadelphia to Henninge Margrethe Krohn, born March 7, 1861 in Oksnes (Nordland).
They got four children:
1) Henning Krohn Schanche, born April 16, 1885
2) Edith Krohn Schanche, born October 20, 1886
3) Ingeborg von der Lippe Krohn Schanche, born february 13, 1888
4) Herman Garmann Schanche, born August, 1895.
Terje Pedersen, terpede@start.no (I am also a Skanke)

Michelle Krohn (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2004 6:28PM GMT
I am the great grandaughter of Peter Fredrick Balle Hoem Krohn,. I believe he was adopted and am trying to locate his real parents. His son, Rolf, was my great grandfather who immigrated to the US in 1905 after his father died and ended up in Consort, Alta. I know very little about the Krohn family and wish to learn more. What is the title of the book about the Krohn's, Schanche's, etc, who is the author, and where would I find this?
Thanks,
M.K.

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 1:38AM GMT
Surnames: Krohn, Schanche
Hi, Michelle -
It's been 8 years since you posted this, so hopefully my reply reaches you.
I have a hard copy of the genealogy book you are asking about and have scanned it to a PDF file. If you send your email address to laumack@gmail.com, I will email you a copy of the book. It is written in Norwegian but with a small bit of effort you can decipher both the format of the book and simple elements like birth and death dates. There is a great deal of information about the Krohn family.

I have also entered a great deal of information from the book (but not all of the Krohn information) into geni.com. You might want to explore that web site, as well, since it seems to be a preferred online genealogy service for many Norwegians.

Best regards,
Lisa Aumack
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions