Search for content in message boards

Dozier family Crest/shield/coat of arms

Dozier family Crest/shield/coat of arms

Sunny Dozier (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2001 4:43PM GMT
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a "Dozier" Family Crest preferably from around the middle ages but one from the early 1900's would do. I need it by friday (2-2-01) for a thing we're doing at school, and I can't seem to find a "Dozier" Crest anywhere. I was also wondering what country "Dozier" originated from. For some reason I just assumed it was German, but I don't really know. If anyone can email me a "Dozier" crest or something I'd be thankful.

Dozier Family Crest

Posted: 31 Jan 2001 8:05PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 3:41AM GMT
I don't know anything about a family crest or a shield, but the Dozier's came from France.

Re: DOZIER Crest

Vickey (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2001 6:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Try looking for it under the spelling Dauge - that is how it was orginally spelled when Capt. James Dauge first came to America in the mid 1600's.

Re: Dozier crest

Posted: 6 Jun 2001 9:11AM GMT
Edited: 5 Nov 2001 6:52PM GMT
Just saw your reply about the Dozier crest. I have researched Dozier/Dauge clans as part
of my family tree, (Dozier - my great-grandmother was a Dozier). There is a Dozier's Corner, (now Edmond's corner) in
Tidewater, Va. and a Dozier, Ala., too!
e-mail me if you can help me or I you.

Re: Dozier family Crest/shield/coat of arms

Posted: 23 Nov 2004 5:01AM GMT
i know this is pretty late but i found dozier crest in austraila. it is german and means loyal email me an i will send you a picture of it okay

jennifer butler

Posted: 2 Dec 2008 1:32PM GMT
Edited: 4 Dec 2008 1:00AM GMT
Surnames: Douge, Dozier
Hello,Sunny My name is Ray Dozier and i am a Direct Descendant of Jaques Douge'b:1660 d:4-15-1719 from Berry Providence,France.Grandfather of Cpt.James Douge' From Princess Anne,VA.Douge'Is the correct spelling It was later changed to Dozier By Pierre (Peter)Douge' father of Cpt.James Douge.It's a french name,and i don't know how to get a family crest i have been looking for one but no luck yet.

Posted: 4 Dec 2008 4:08AM GMT
Surnames: L'Hoiser and Dozier
www.traceit.com

my last name too is dozier, i live in Woodstock, Georgia. it is German. Belive it or not we have to do that too.

Posted: 18 Dec 2008 4:29AM GMT
Surnames: Dozier
Hi...I actually grew up in Dozier, AL. We once had a carved wooden coat of arms. I'll look to see if my parents can find it (they still live there). Dozier is, of course, French. We also had a geneology book going back as far as when one of my direct ancestors came over from France to South Carolina. The only name I can remember is James Tully Dozier. I'll post again when I have more.

Posted: 4 Jan 2009 2:22PM GMT
Surnames: Dozier
Please contact me at redsenoir@bellsouth.net. I would be interested in any information you can give me on the Dozier name. My mother was a Dozier and my cousin and I have done some research on. She more so than me. I hope to hear from you soon.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions