Search for content in message boards

Mary ALLSOP b. 1700, daughter of Col. ALLSOP, Derbyshire,England

Mary ALLSOP b. 1700, daughter of Col. ALLSOP, Derbyshire,England

Posted: 11 May 2005 12:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Aug 2008 4:40PM GMT
Surnames: Allsop, Alsop, Kirkland
Am searching for the ancestors of Mary Allsop, daughter of Colonel Allsop of Derbyshire, England. She was born 31 March 1700 in Ashbourne, Derbyshire, England and married Thomas Kirkland 11 Jan 1721 in Ashbourne at Brailsford, Derbyshire, England. They had six children: Doctor Thomas, Elizabeth, Mary, John, Rose Elizabeth, Ann. Am at a library so please respond to AFisher102@aol.com. Thank you. Anne

Re: Mary Allsop (born 31 Mar 1700)daughter of Col. Allsop, Derbyshire,England

Posted: 17 Jul 2007 12:19AM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2008 4:41PM GMT
Surnames: allsop, kirkland
hi, i am a descendant from Mary Allsop and Thomas Kirkland, My G.G.G.G.G grandfather was their first born son Thomas Kirkland MD. Haven't been able to trace the tree back any further.I was a kirkland until my marriage, and very proud to be able to say so. You can email me at deecastle3@btinternet.com

Posted: 28 Mar 2009 9:47PM GMT
Hi,
My family is descended from Thomas Allsopp who was married to Anne Browne and who we think was brother to Colonel Allsopp -- Mary Kirkland is called cousin in various Allsopp Wills and they would appear to be the correct generation. Have either of you got any further with your research? We seem to get lots of circumstancial evidence but nothing concrete re identifying both the Colonel and other Allsopp ancestors.
My email is mjsoper@gmail.com if you would like to contact me.
Regards,
Marilyn

Posted: 5 Feb 2012 5:48PM GMT
Surnames: Allsop Browne Springthorpe
Like Marilyn I am descended from Mary's brother or uncle Thomas Allsopp who married Anne Browne 1699.

What is the source of the birth date given for Mary at Ashbourne on 31 Mar 1700? It is the first mention of this I have come across.

Tom
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions