Search for content in message boards

James and Mary Bryson

James and Mary Bryson

Jerry (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2006 1:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bryson
I'm looking for information on James and Mary Bryson. The only information that I have is that Mary Bryson is buried in the cemetery located at Brucetown, Virginia. She was born in 1792 and died on August 6, 1879 at Wadesville, Clarke Co.. It would appear that she married James Bryson on February 11, 1851. I'm not sure if she married late in life or if he was a later husband. It would appear that she owned land around the Brucetown area. Can anyone furnish any addtional information on James or Mary Bryson.

Re: James and Mary Bryson

Posted: 20 Jun 2006 4:28AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jun 2006 12:34PM GMT
Surnames: bryson
These may be your people???

U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules, 1850-1880 Record
about James Bryson
Name: James Bryson
Marital Status: Married
Place of Birth: Maryland
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1781
Month of Death: Feb
Cause of Death: Pleurisy
Place of Death: (City, County, State)
Frederick, Virginia
Census Year: 1860
Residency Country: United States

(so he died Feb 1860 in Frederick County)

U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules, 1850-1880 Record
about Mary Bryson
Name: Mary Bryson
Race: White
Marital Status: Widowed
Place of Birth: Virginia
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1793
Month of Death: Aug
Cause of Death: Old Age
Place of Death: (City, County, State)
Long Marsh, Clarke, Virginia
Census Year: 1880
Residency Country: United States

Confirming her death Aug 1879.

Posted: 2 Jun 2007 7:15PM GMT
Surnames: dietz, shuler, bryson, wade
your message could have been mine except that the date of death i have is may and not aug. believe this is from tombstone in cemetery in brucetown.

"polly" is name used on back of antique frame made by georg dietz which held mary "polly" bryson's photo. frame made pre 1869. polly was aunt to believe conrad shuler born reading, pa. circ 1804. marriage bond for frederick co., va 1828 for conrad and mary green, dau. of wm. and eliz. brent green. conrad does not show up beyond 1840 census and thus mary is head of house in 1850 listed with 6 dau. and son, wm. next to youngest dau, eliz. is living with mary bryson in 1860 census. eliz. shuler is 22 and mary's age given 65 and living in brucet. 1870 census has mary bryson age 77 living in newtown (stephens city?) with a cook.

there is a mary bryson age 13 dau. of daniel and bettie a. wade (bryson?)who died apr. 9, 1865. buried in brucetown cem. and twin sons perhaps of same couple.

husband's father said family member buried in cem. and we went and found polly. have snapshot of some woman in a canoe with wadesville on back.

am especially anxious to find info on polly and her relationship to the shulers or perhaps the greens? and info on elizabeth shuler.

have you learned anything further. wish had seen your post last year. s

Posted: 5 Jun 2007 1:24PM GMT
Surnames: bryson
I don't have any additional information on the Brysons. But I recently found this on the Wade family board. "My ancestor is Thomas Wade - possibly Thomas Ellis Wade, son of Hampton Wade and Jane Ellis of Halifax Co, VA - who married Mary "Polly" Souvain in June 9 1787 in Frederick County, VA. Their daughter, Anna (Ann,Anne) married William Pyle in Frederick County, VA. prior to 1809. Does anyone know of this Wade family? There is a Wadesville near Winchester,VA, but not a Thomas Wade in the early census. I can't seem to definitely associate this Thomas Wade with any of the Virginia Wade families. Thank you!
Anne"

I believe there were some Greens that owned land near Brucetown in the early 1800's. Please keep me in mind if you find any additional information on Mary Bryson.

Posted: 6 Jun 2007 6:32PM GMT
had message from ancestry but did not want to "deal" with them and so could not post reply. wanted to say that wadesville may not be in existence today. husband and i will ride over to area and check it out. will also look for land records for polly bryson. s

Posted: 7 Jun 2007 11:17AM GMT
Wadesville still exist but in name only. If you are looking for a village type environment it's not there. Today Wadesville is about 3 or 4 homes and a railroad crossing. Good luck in your research I have found where Mary Bryson owned and sold land in the Brucetown area.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions