Search for content in message boards

william K barker

william K barker

Posted: 19 May 2006 3:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 May 2006 7:20AM GMT
died in henderson co. tn in 1895. He was 81 years 3 months and 27 days old. he was supposed to be from north carolina. any info appreciated.
jim barker

Re: william K barker

Posted: 11 Jul 2006 2:10PM GMT
I am a descendant of James Silas Barker and Ida Delitha Petty. I have traced the Barkers back to Hendrake (Hendrick) Barker and Mary Widon. I found Mary's last name on a paper I found in Lexington Tn library.
Amanda Ellen Barker and William Thomas Grissom were my grandparents.
I think all of the Bakers came from NC to Tn and probably without moving. I don't know that for sure but I think part of NC became TN.
Hendrake died before 1850 and Mary remarried A. N. Hodgin.
I saw some other papers that listed Robert Barker with Hendrake but didn't state what the relationship was. I am assuming Robert may be Hendrake's father.
Hendrake and Mary had 4 sons.
William R 1832

Posted: 11 Jul 2006 2:16PM GMT

Posted: 7 Aug 2011 4:11PM GMT
i don't know about William K Barker but I gave you the wrong last name for Mary that married Hendrake Barker. I found out recently that Mary and Hendrake has 2 daughters plus the four boys. The funeral home records shows one of her daughter's death and lists her mother as a Woods. Then there are other papers on the web that show her father as Caleb Woods who was in Henderson at the same time as Mary. So Mary's last name is not Widon but Woods. Someone made a mistake. I don't know about Caleb if he is her father or not.
Mary 1842 married a Crow
Nancy Emoline Barker 1845 married Samuel Jackson Thompson.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions