Search for content in message boards

St Patrick's Home Navan Road (Bridget Govern)

St Patrick's Home Navan Road (Bridget Govern)

carol (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2003 10:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Govern Dempsey
On my brother's birth certificate a Bridget Govern is listed as the informant to the registrar her residence is given as St Patrick's Children Home Navan Road. Does anybody know if this lady worked at the home as she is registered as an occupier the date my brother was born is 8th October 1950.
The date he was registered was the 25th October 1950. If anybody was staying at the home around this time and knew a Mary Dempsey or a Bridget Govern please could they contact me with any information.
Many Thanks Carol

Re: St Patrick's Home Navan Road (Bridget Govern)

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 9:03PM GMT
Surnames: Govern
Hi Carol - On my father's birth cert, Bridget Govern is listed as the informant also. He was born September 1951. Did you ever find anything out about her?

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 9:47PM GMT
Hi Ladies

Informant means the person who gave the information relating to the birth. could be another inmate/nurse or just a member of staff who lived there.

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 9:51PM GMT
Surnames: Govern
Thanks Caron. I'm looking into my dad's records (trying to) and just got his birth cert. Was just thinking this woman must have known my granny! Very hard to track down any info on these mother and baby homes.

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 10:29PM GMT
yep, they are very secretive. church run homes were mostly for children being put up for adoption. if your dad was adopted then you will find it hard especially as its less than 100 years old. you could try going through the hse website but as it is also a church related home it will be very hard. i wish you luck.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions