Search for content in message boards

St. Marys Cemetery Record Lookup Request

St. Marys Cemetery Record Lookup Request

Posted: 16 Nov 2010 9:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Delauche, De Lauche, Ward
Hello -

I'm asking for a favor. In better economic times I would have been happy to pay for a cemetery record look up. However, I've been ungainfully unemployed for 23 months now, and the funds for such a service don't exist.

Would anyone in the St. Marys, Ontario area be kind enough to look up a cemetery record for me, whenever the time is convenient?

Through the Ontario Cemetery Finding Aid web site, I've found a burial record for [No Name] Delauche (an unmarked grave) in the St. Marys Protestant Burial Record, Blanshard Township, Perth County. The reference # is: PH-798-4.

Since DeLauche is my surname, my late father's surname (De Lauche -- I cut the space out of the spelling when computer programs couldn't deal with it ;-) ), and my father spent much of his growing up years on his Ward grandparents farm at Motherwell, Fullarton Township, and his Ward grandparents were buried in the St. Marys Protestant Cemetery, I have good reason to believe the Delauche/DeLauche/De Lauche burial in that cemetery is a relative of my late father's.

He had an infant son, Lewis De Lauche, b. 29 Sep 1930; d. 22 Feb 1932, Hamilton, Wentworth County, Ontario. The unmarked grave may be for baby Lewis. He also had a daughter (name unknown, birth/death dates unknown) who died sometime in the mid-1940s. The grave may be for her. Or, it could be the grave for his own father. Or . . . who knows?

I have the death certificate for baby Lewis and that indicates he was buried in Hamilton, Wentworth County, Ontario, where he died. So, I'm thinking the burial is for either my half-sister or my paternal grandfather.

Many thanks in advance to the person who can provide me with more information on the name of the Delauche/DeLauche/De Lauche in the unmarked grave.

Genealogically yours -
Jean E. DeLauche, Missouri

Re: St. Marys Cemetery Record Lookup Request

Posted: 20 Nov 2010 2:52PM GMT
St. Marys Cemetery - section 'B' lot 42:

DeLauche (no given name)stillborn died 4 Feb 1937 religion - not given.

There is a death registration (029013) for this baby, but ancestry.com hasn't released the 1937 deaths on-line yet, but you can order it on microfilm from your local family history center through Salt Lake.

My local hasn't got this reel yet, but the Archives of Ontario has it, unfortunately, I only get there about once a year.

I can tell you that the index indicates that the death occurred in Stratford. The registration should have the names of the parents or parent.

Jim

Thank you - Re: St. Marys Cemetery Record Lookup Request

Posted: 20 Nov 2010 3:38PM GMT
Surnames: Delauche, De Lauche
Thank you SO MUCH for finding out the information you did. So, the burial is most likely for yet another child of my late father, a half-sibling of mine and not any of his other children from previous marriages, or perhaps the child of a different near relative.

I'll see about obtaining more complete death information on the stillborn baby.

Again, thank you very much.
Jean E. DeLauche, Missouri

Updated Info - Stillborn Baby De Lauche - Mother: Clara De Lauche/Delauche

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 9:50PM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2012 6:39PM GMT
Surnames: De Lauche, Delauche, Ward
In case anyone is researching a woman named Clara De Lauche/Delauche who lived at St. Marys, Perth South, Ontario at one time, I found the image of the 1937 death registration for a female sillborn baby of hers.

The baby is buried at St. Marys Cemetery, St. Marys, Perth South, Ontario, where some of my Ward family ancestors are buried. My father Louis Albert De Lauche was raised by his Ward grandparents who farmed at Motherwell, Perth South. They are both buried at the St. Marys Cememtery, St. Marys, so I was thinking that the stillborn baby was a relative of my father's.

I have no idea who Clara De Lauche was, but is is not a common name (that spelling.)

The unnamed stillborn baby girl died 4 Feb 1937 at Stratford General Hospital; death registration # 029013. Her ethnic ancestry is noted as "French Indian." The mother, Clara De Lauche was born at Inwood, Ontario. Burial was 5 Feb 1937 at St. Marys.

I've saved the image of the death registration, in case it becomes evident that the baby and mother Clara were relations of my Canadian De Lauche (sometimes spelled DeLauche/Delauche - no space in the surname) family. Feel free to contact me through Rootsweb and I will be happy to exchange personal email addresses so I can send anyone interested the image of the death registration.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions