Search for content in message boards

Ninow

Ninow

Ray Nenow (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Oct 2004 6:48PM GMT
Surnames: Ninow
Looking for information about the name "Ninow" and the town of "Wisbu" in Prussia. Thank You

Re: Ninow

Mark Ninow (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2004 6:49PM GMT
Surnames: ninow
Hi there, my surname is Ninow which I know very little about. I live in South Africa and I 25 years of age.
Posted: 25 Dec 2001 5:17AM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2004 6:50PM GMT
Surnames: ninow, nienow, neinow, loppnow
Hi, My name is Jonathan Loppnow and I saw your post about Ninow's and Wisbu. Wisbu was a small village in what is now Northern Poland. My great-great grandmother was a Nienow (don't let the spelling throw you as it is likely all one name mangled Nienow/Neinow/Ninow . I have a little more information on the location of Wisbu if you'd like.

It appears to me that the Nienows and Loppnows first immigrated to Wisconsin and spread to Southern Minnesota. I am of the Minnesota lines. There is a small church near St. Charles still filled with Nienows and Loppnows though none seem to remember how we are all related.

Sincerely,
Jonathan Loppnow

Posted: 15 Jul 2002 11:52PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2004 6:50PM GMT
Surnames: Ninow, Borchart, Schroeder, Koller
Looking for any info on Village of Wisbu, Regenwald and the Surnames of Ninow, Koller, Borchart. Also am reseaching Schroeder from village of Dummadel, Griffenberg.

Posted: 6 Dec 2003 8:32AM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2004 6:49PM GMT
Surnames: ninow, burns, kollet
Hi Mark,
I hope you still check its been awhile since you posted this message. I'm a Ninow in Utah, 1st generation American, my father came here from South Africa, followed by the majority of his family. His parents are George Frederick Theodore Ninow and Clara May Rose Burns. Carl Ninow and Louisa Kollet are the 1st Ninows of my line to go to S. Africa. Ninows go back to Prussia and right now I'm trying to find our History in Crimea. I do have lots of history data.

Allison Ninow

Posted: 2 Jul 2005 10:47PM GMT
I know it has been awhile since your posting. Have Ninows dating back to 1800 in Wisbu. Would like to exchange info

Posted: 1 Mar 2010 5:47PM GMT
Hi I just found out that my Great-great grandmother was a Ninow, Ida Mary Elizabeth Ninow. she married Frank Gustavus Krebs. I am not sure how they got to South Africa but they lived in Johannesburg in the early days and she died in the Transkey.
Posted: 1 Mar 2010 6:33PM GMT
Actually I believe there were a lot of people from Pommern that immigrated to Africa. I know of 3 distantly related to me from Wisbu that went.

Posted: 2 Mar 2010 10:15PM GMT
Surnames: Ninow,
I know some of the family did go to South Africa.
Please contact me direct at pninow@aol.com I would like to exchange info.

Posted: 5 Mar 2010 11:20PM GMT
Do you have any idea what village they came from in Pommern

I do know some of the Ninow family went to South Africa, as well as Brazil and Australia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions