Search for content in message boards

Berel Family

Berel Family

Pat Berel (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Berel, Lewing
I am searching for relatives of Jacob and Marianna Berel. They are buried in San Francisco, CA. Their son was Samuel Berel who was my great grandfather. He is also buried in San Francisco. His son Joseph Berel was my grandfather. Looking for anyone connected to this family.

Searching for descendants of Bluford Lewing who settled in Sabine Parish, Louisiana. His wife was Miammi Dupree.

Re: Berel Family

sandra reid (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2004 2:33AM GMT
Surnames: berel,coburn,hughes,reid
I was up in leesville this past weekend and saw that you were local there. may i have your contact address, so we might exchange info. jacob was my gggrandfather. sandra reid, 12922 denham rd. baton rouge, la. 70818... 225-262-6864

Posted: 25 Jan 2008 12:21AM GMT
I am updating my email address to patberel@bellsouth.net
Still looking for same information.

Posted: 11 Mar 2008 9:02PM GMT
Surnames: Berel
Looking for descendants of Reno Berel, brother of Jacob Berel. Would like to correspond with anyone having the Berel surname.

Posted: 25 Jun 2008 4:40PM GMT
Surnames: berel
Updating my email address to patberel@yahoo.com

Posted: 1 Jul 2008 9:59PM GMT
Pat, this is your first cousin Linda,we lost contact and I just found your messagee on this message board. Could you please email me your berel family tree and any information on sites that have any family history or pictures or newspaper clippings? IMy computer crashed and I am having to start over. Hope everyone is okay. Would love to see everyone? Bobby Williams said something about a family reunion? Let me know, My home email is Linda.summers@att.net.

Linda Berel Sumemrs

Posted: 2 Nov 2008 2:37AM GMT
Surnames: Oxley, Lewing, Peters, McIntrye
Hi Pat,
From my research, I'm a descendent of Bluford Lewing and Miammi Virginia Dupree. I'm their G.G.G.G. Grand Daughter. Bluford and Miammi had a daughter Martha Lewing. She married Matthew Peters and had a daughter Julian Bellphine Peters. She married Robert (Callie) Oxley and had a son Kagy (A.K.A. Kagey, K.G., Cajy, Cogen) Oxley. He married Eula Rose Griffin and had my grandfather Freddie Oxley. I'm interested to know what great info you may have, as I'm stumped on a couple of points. Sincerely, Melissa

Posted: 8 Dec 2008 8:39PM GMT
Melissa,

I am researching the GRIFFIN surname and would appreciate learning more about Eula Rose (Griffin) Oxley. I have been unable to find her after she married.

Thank you,

Audrey

Posted: 9 Dec 2008 1:29AM GMT
Surnames: Griffin
Hi Audrey,
What info I have gathered so far is sketchy at best. Eula Rose Griffin-Oxley-Petty was my Great Grandmother. According to Heritagequest.com the 1920 Census report for Louisiana Sabine 9th ward shows that on line 42 that Rosa Griffin was the head at age 39 and mother to Albert age 16, Eula age 14 (my Great Grandmother), Nettie age 12, Eunice age 11, Berta age 10, Hattie age 8, Henry age 7, Thomas age 5, and Josephine age 3 months. Rosa was widowed (don't know her husband's first name)and living at the address of 148 Pleasant Hillard. Rosa and her husband was born in Louisiana but her parents were born in Mississippi. I don't know anything more than this about the Griffin's, I'm still in the hunt myself for information. Hope something of this is useful to you. Sincerely, Melissa

{Series T625, Roll 628, Page 203 Enumerated on 14th & 15th of January, Sheet 9a, Enum Dist. 90, 1920 Census of Louisiana Sabine 9th ward}

Posted: 9 Dec 2008 3:16PM GMT
Melissa,

Thank you for your reply. I have followed descendants of each of Lazarus Griffin's 9 known children (3 died very young) separately, which I will be happy to share with you. However, I know very little about your grandmother. Might you provide some dates for her and perhaps her burial place?

Thank you for your help,

Audrey
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions