Search for content in message boards

Researching PRIES and ZUBCACK

Researching PRIES and ZUBCACK

Posted: 10 May 2002 2:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Sep 2004 12:47PM GMT
I am helping a friend with her families from Ashland in the early 1900s. Her father was Walther Johann Pries born 1903. Had sisters Ella, Doris, and Irma. Mother was possibly Ida. maiden name unknown. Ida married a 2nd time to Joe Zubcack. Their oldest child born abt 1919. Other children from this marriage: Helen, Katherine and a twin, and John. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Researching PRIES and ZUBCACK

Posted: 11 Dec 2004 1:37PM GMT
Surnames: Zubcack, Pries
Hello Betty,

My maternal grandmother was Josephine Ehlert, nee Zubcack. She and her twin, Kathrine (my Aunt Kat died recently) were one of 9 children of Ida Zubcack nee Schmidt. My great-grandma Ida died in 1983 at age 100. She was an amazing woman! The last of her nine children is my Aunt Helen, who still lives in Price County, WI.

This is an old posting, so I hope you find it! Feel free to e-mail me if you need more info. I've always wondered about the Pries side of the family and would love to hear anything you know about Walter Pries or his father (also Walter I believe).

Posted: 9 Sep 2010 6:28PM GMT
Haven't looked at Pries postings for many years ...happened to find this one today. I think that we are talking about the same families. I will need to see if I still have my friends notes re her Pries families still on file someplace. Hope I kept it when she asked me to look up her families. Her grandmother died about 2 years ago at age about 100+ and she recently had a contect regarding an estate matter.

Jonas T. PRIES m. by 1899, Ida SCHMIDT

Posted: 6 Jan 2011 10:48PM GMT
Census of 1905, Ashland Co., WI, PRIES, Jonas, 29; Ida, 24; Ella, 5; Walter, 2. Also Walter SMITH, 20 [SCHMIDT?]
Jonas and Ida must have married by 1899.

Ward 2, Ashland, Ashland, WI, 1910, PRIES
Jonas T., 43, b. Germany; Ida B., 28, b. Germany
Ch. Ella D., 10 [b. 24 Feb. 1900]; Walter C., 7 [b. 30 Jan. 1903]; Doris M., 4 [b. 31 Oct. 1905]; Ema, 23 months.

WI Historical Society birth record & Social Security Death Index, Walter Jonas Carl PRIES (30 Jan. 1903, Ashland Co., WI - Apr. 1984, last res. & benefit, Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI).

SSDI also has a Doris M. DEYOUNG (31 Oct. 1905 - 8 Jan. 2000), last res. Sheboygan Falls, Sheboygan, WI. Was that the above Doris?

Price Co., WI, 1930, ZUBCACK, Joseph, 57 (b. ca. 1873) & Ida, 47.

--not my family

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 9:33PM GMT
I saw your inquiry about Walt Pries and his father, Walter.

Walt was born in the Quad Cities and now in AZ. His father, Walter, passed away in 1988.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic