Search for content in message boards

GREATHOUSE in Preston Co., WV

GREATHOUSE in Preston Co., WV

Barb Kelley (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2001 8:34AM GMT
Looking for descendants of Jacob Catherine [NICOLA] GREATHOUSE. My line is through their son Simon Marcellus. Looking for those through Sylvanus his son Jacob Martin GREATHOUSE. Someone put info on Ancestry.com but the e-mail address is not a good address [jojojo@jps.net]. there was not a name for this person. I have family pictures they may be interested in. Pleas contact me at: wvmountain2@aol.com

Where is a good place to start?

Corrie Greathouse (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2001 7:11PM GMT
Hello. My name is Corrie Greathouse and I really know nothing of my family or where I come from. My father is Roger Greathouse (born March sometime in the early 50's) My grandfather is Mac Greathouse. Although it may be short for something. I have no idea. I don't really know the man. Anyhow, I would like to find information on my ancestry, but have no idea where to begin. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Corrie

Greathouse

Barbara Kelley (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2001 9:11PM GMT
Corrie, I would suggest starting with your father all of brothers sisters. Try the children of your aunts uncles-they may have some little bits of info. Work back from them their info to your grandparents any of the children of their bothers sisters. Distant cousins that can be found can sometimes provide info. Try getting any death, marriage, birth certificates on your family. Sometimes they can give answers as to where the person was born or married sometimes you can find parents names listed. Just keep searching. I searched for 7 years for info on who my grandmother's parents were before I found anything. Also, if any are dead and collected social security, you might find them listed in the Social security death index. If they didn't live to the age of drawing social security [the case of my grandmother] but they worked had a social security number, try going through the social security to get the info they put on their social security form they filled out. It will give where they were born, the parents names, usually including the mother's maiden name. Happy hunting.

Re: Where is a good place to start?

Posted: 24 Dec 2008 8:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Corrie, You were looking for your GREATHOUSE roots in 2001. Did you find any info? There is a Greathouse web page that you might find info on. Looking forward to hearing from you again. Barb Kelley

Posted: 17 Feb 2009 9:23PM GMT
Surnames: Greathouse
Hello Barb,

How have you been? It has been a while. Do you have any updates on your research for William Greathouse and Barbara Cale?

Thanks,
Rick

Posted: 4 Jun 2013 10:09PM GMT
Surnames: Greathouse, Gelespi
Nothing new with documentation. Now believe it may have been William Greathouse & Milly Gelespi. The only genealogy I can do now is from the computer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions