11Sarah QUIMBY ( Born: 10 Dec 1820 Place: Franconia, Grafton, Nh
Died: Place: Franconia, Grafton, Nh
Attachments:

Re: Dau of BIGFORD SPOONER , Chloe (Spooner) QUIMBY b 1787 d 1866 NH

Posted: 24 Jul 2002 12:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Aug 2006 12:41AM GMT
Hello Dee,
My grt-grt grandparents are listed on your attached census. They are ALTON and MARY(EARLE) ALDRICH. Their next oldest son WILLIAM EARLE ALDRICH, who is not mentioned on that page, married SELINA ALMEDA SPOONER, daughter of JOHNATHAN SPOONER and ABIGAIL ARCHER. William and Selina had their own farm in Franconia.
They had two daughters:EDNA M. ALDRICH, born 16 Feb 1859 in Franconia, and MARTHA(MATTIE) A. ALDRICH,born 14 Nov 1861 in Pawtucket,Rhode Island.

Posted: 10 Jun 2003 1:47AM GMT
I am searching for info. on Angeline Spooner of Pawtucket, R.I. Her father was Charles Spooner and mother Minnie Cram. She was my grandmother. I remember my mother mentioning the name Quimby. Any info. would be helpful. kwolf39@aol.com

Posted: 12 Jun 2003 9:56PM GMT
Barbara,

Angie was my great-aunt. Have info for you. Please reach me at russ@spoonergen.com.

Your 2nd cousin,

Russ Spooner

Re:MORE about Dau of BIGFORD SPOONER , Chloe (Spooner) QUIMBY b 1787 d 1866 NH

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 10:26AM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2006 8:10AM GMT
Hi
I found a bit more about Chloe's Husband Samuel QUIMBY and the kids in the Quimby Genealogy;

SEVENTH GENERATION

257SAMUEL7 (Samuel6, Samuel5, William4, William3, Robert2), born Aug. 1791, at Lisbon, N. H. "He lived about one mile from our house at the foot of the Franconia mountains on a farm newly cleared, in a comfortable log house of the type occupied by the early settlers of that region. He had nine children (then follow the names) all of whom were living in 1844," says Maj. John Aldrich (aged 92) in March, 1916. Samuel married Chloe SPOONER, who was born 4 May, 1787, at Irasburg, Vt., daughter of Bigford SPOONER by his second wife, Mary PETERS. In 1860 Samuel and "Cloa" were living alone at Franconia, according to the census report; he was a farmer, with $690 real estate and $300 personally.

Children:
I. ANN8 QUIMBY, born at Franconia about 1812; married
Elias Wells, born at Sutton; she died at Franconia
22 Nov. 1890, of gastritis; a son of theirs was Charles
W., born 1846; also George A., born 1849, d. 1920;
II. MATILDA8 QUIMBY, "living in 1844; I have the impression
that she never married and died not many years after I left Franconia in 1844," says Maj. John Aldrich;
III. JOHNSON8 QUIMBY, born about 1816, at Franconia
IV. CYRUS8 QUIMBY, married 24 Oct. 1839, at Franconia by Rev. C. Wilson, to Judith Sawyer of Franconia
V. HORACE8 QUIMBY, "about 22 and unmarried in 1844;
I have the impression that he died soon after;"
VI. LEWIS8 QUIMBY, born about 1824
VII. DANIEL8 QUIMBY, born 30 May, 1827 at Franconia
VIII. SARAH8 QUIMBY ("Sally"); probably the one who was married by Rev. N. K. George, 15 Sept. 1842, at Franconia, residence of both, to James Wells;
IX. CHARLES8 QUIMBY, the youngest son; born about 1832
X. AURILLA8 QUIMBY, youngest daughter, born about 1834.

NOTE--Sarah8 Quimby married James Wells; his older brother Elias married Ann Quimby; three of the Wells girls, sisters of James and Elias respectively, married a Bowles, Johnson Quimby and W. P. Spooner (said Maj. Aldrich)

Source;
The Quinby-Quimby Family

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 1:54AM GMT
Surnames: Quimby,Murphy, Spooner, Staples
This is my family line also. My line is Daniel Quimby and Chloe Spooner. Son George Albert m Nellie Staples ,son Raymond m Georgia Murphy,son Roland David, me . I am wondering if anyone knows where Daniel and Chloe are buried. I am going to NH and VT later this month and want to find gravesites. I am also going to Lyndon VT and am looking gravesites there also. If anyone needs a pic I will send some on. Sue Q

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 2:22AM GMT
Surnames: Quimby,Murphy, Spooner, Staples, Pinney
Sorry, my line is Samuel and Chloe. Daniel and Anne Pinney, then George and Nellie Staples.then Raymond and Georgia Murphy, Roland and GB (living) then me. Have almost no info on Anne Pinney, Going to Franconia NH and Lyndon VT late August to get gravesite pics before they are no longer in good enough shape for pics. Any info on locations is appreciated.

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 5:45PM GMT
Went to NH and found lots of gravesites. Did not find Chloe and Samuel, but I did find Daniel and Ann and George and Nellie, Raymond and Georgia. I took lots of pictures in different graveyards of Quimbys. There were alot of Q's so I just started taking pictures of any stones that said Quimby on them. Took pics at Elmwood in Franconia, Sunnyside in Sugar Hill and Maple in Bethlehem. I found Spooners and Streeters and Aldrich sites everywhere we went. I saw so many I knew I couldn't keep them all straight, so we took around a hundred pics. Will try to catalog them and post them to whomever wants them.

Posted: 8 Oct 2012 6:20PM GMT
Surnames: Spooner, Stevens
I'd love to see whatever Spooner pictures from the Franconia/Grafton county in NH that you might be willing to share. I'm a Spooner related back to a Solon W Spooner born in Franconia . His son Willard Freemont Spooner moved (after his father's death) to St. Johnsbury Vt where he married and had my Grandfather Ralph Stevens Spooner. Then came my Dad, Robert Sturgis Spooner and then my brothers and I. I've been meaning to get to the ares to investigate but have not yet found the time.

Thanks for anything you could do. My standard Email is

oldaugie@gmail.com

Carolyn S Spooner

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 4:26AM GMT
Hi - my name is grover and Samuel and Chloe are my grt/grt/grt/grandparents. My line is Samuel to Johnson to Charles to Grover to Charles to me (Grover). I would love any info you can wirte on Chloe and Samuel and their children on down.

Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic