Search for content in message boards

Harold Westlake

Harold Westlake

Posted: 30 May 2010 7:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am having a big problem with this Westlake. He is my husbands Grandfather. His son is Leslie born in Vancouver Canada dates we have none Leslie is dead possiblie in 1992,3or4 we are not sure. My husband was in a hit and run with a drunk driver, many years ago and lost a lot of his memories at that time. Then in more recient times he had a minnie stroke and lost more, so dates are not easy for him he is trying to help when he can. The rest of the family is no help at all no one knows any dates so I am in a lot of trouble if some one out there can not help me. Harold had a wife Laura no maiden name known no date of marriage or where.

My husband once said that Harold was from Sussex England but also was told a long time ago that he also may be from Scotland so I really do not know where to start Can some one out there please help me.

Bev(Shore)Westlake(OBrien Garvey)(Schimanowsky Freistadt)
My Father changed his name from Schimanowsky when he moved to BC when he was younger.

Re: Harold Westlake

Posted: 31 May 2010 2:23PM GMT
Surnames: Westlake, Garvey
Are you by any chance a descendant of Nancy Westlake Garvey? Of Ohio?

Posted: 31 May 2010 3:49PM GMT
Westlake Is on my husbands side Just looked at my family tree and we have no Nancey Garvey is on my OBrien/Garvey side sorry I can not be of any help.

Bev Westlake

Posted: 31 May 2010 6:08PM GMT
Thanks anyway for your prompt reply. Good luck in your research. According to Pat Slaubach Davis, there are only about 5 separate family groups of Westlakes in the U.S. We may have all been connected once upon a time in England, but now those groups are completely divergent. I've done a lot of looking and don't have your Harold.
Mary Pritchard

Posted: 16 Nov 2010 12:43PM GMT
Surnames: Westlake
My grandfather's sister was Laura Elizabeth Barker who was born in York, Yorkshire, England in 1892. She married a Harold Westlake who was, I believe, Canadian, and emigrated to Canada, settling in Vancouver. I am myself trying to trace their descendants and would appreciate any help.

Posted: 16 Nov 2010 3:00PM GMT
Since I sent the first post, I have found more details about Harold and Laura. She died in Burnaby, BC, aged 87 on 20 June 1979. He was Harold Leonard Westlake and had died before her. I am sure these are the Harold and Laura I had been searching as her father is listed as William Barker and her mother as Emma Johnson, which I already had listed on the family tree. I hope they are the ones you are trying to trace as this would make us relsted - second cousins or something similar!

Posted: 16 Nov 2010 8:28PM GMT
Have also found Harold Leonard Westlake was born 27 Sept 1895 in Croydon, Surrey, England and his father was William Westlake. He married Laura Elizabeth Barker in 1919 in York. Do contact me quickly. I want to check if you're a long lost second cousin. If you send a phone number, I'll call you.
Jacqueline Perry

Posted: 17 Nov 2010 12:27AM GMT
Hello

My husband said, it all fits with what he can remember being told but we have no documentation on anyone, and this is the first search I am doing on my own and I really get confused easly.

We live in Penticton BC Canada

I do not feel safe in putting my Phone number here My email is bevwestlake@shaw.ca

Thank you for the help.

Bev Shore Westlake

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 9:50PM GMT
Leslie Westlake died in Kelowna on Friday January the 13th 1995. His mother Laura was Laura Barker prior to marrying Harold.

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 2:19AM GMT
Hello

Thank you for the help and I hope your tree grows as fast as our's has
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions