Search for content in message boards

Holy Cross Cemetery, Flatbush, Brooklyn, NY

Holy Cross Cemetery, Flatbush, Brooklyn, NY

Jean Driscoll (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2003 4:38PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Recently purchased an out-of-print copy of Tombstones of the Irish Born by Joseph M. Silinonte. The author lists all people buried in Holy Cross Cemetery in Brooklyn, NY whose tombstones have references to Ireland or places in Ireland. An internet search had led me to believe I could find my ancestors listed - names were correct but not the dates. However, I would be glad to do lookups for people. The book was not available in any library in my state.
Jean Driscoll

Re: Holy Cross Cemetery, Flatbush, Brooklyn, NY

Posted: 3 Jul 2003 5:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Any Gallagher's from Mayo. co.
thanks

Posted: 3 Jul 2003 9:15PM GMT
The only Gallagher I found for sure was Patrick from Belmullet, Mayo - died at the age of 49- 3/7/1887. There are also 2 Gallaghers in a Henry grave. Thomas Henry was from Tyrone, but his wife Bridget was from Mayo. Also in this plot are an Anne M. Gallagher 1/3/1896 - 4/25/1960 and a Helen R. Gallagher 1882-1969 - no indication where they are from.
Jean Driscoll

Posted: 4 Jul 2003 12:45AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 19 Mar 2009 7:30PM GMT
Surnames: Briody, Briordy, Lynch
Daniel Briody(Briordy,Briardy,Bridy,etc) and his wife Bridget Lynch both born in Ireland around 1815 and died in Brooklyn. Are they listed in your book or fdor that matter any other Briodys. Thanks

Posted: 4 Jul 2003 7:36AM GMT
Thank you for the information. My relatives are from Mayo Co. A ggrandma from Westmeath Moate co. name of Malone who married into the Gallagher's
I live in Il. if you need anything from that state let me know.
thanks again
sandy wire (gallagher)

Posted: 23 Jul 2003 1:18PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2004 10:26PM GMT
Surnames: DRISCOLL, McDERMOTT
Hi Jean - My family is also DRISCOLL, and we know that several of them are buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, but with no stone. However, if you could look for Patrick (born about 1865) and Mary Driscoll (born about 1866), John Driscoll (died as an infant in 1928), or Patrick and Bridget McDermott, it would be great.

Posted: 23 Jul 2003 9:51PM GMT
Surnames: Driscoll
Tim - sorry, but I couldn't find anyone - Driscoll or McDermott - with the names you listed. There is one Patrick McDermott
(died 1886) 48 yrs. old from Sligo but wife's name is Mary. Our Driscolls are all buried in Calvary cemetery as they lived in Manhattan.
Jean Driscoll

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 4:28PM GMT
Edited: 31 Mar 2004 8:41PM GMT
I am looking for any and all Gilson's buried in the Holy Cross Cemetery in Brooklyn. Thanks for your help.

Posted: 22 Aug 2003 8:39PM GMT
Hi Jean,
I have been searching for my ggrandparents for years. I have been told that they are buried in Holy Cross and the grafe is in the St. Teresa section, range c, plots 5-7. His name is Cornelius O'Leary, wife: Hanora, son; William. Any help would be a great help.
Thanks
Ron

Posted: 23 Aug 2003 7:06PM GMT
Ron, sorry but your O'Leary family is not listed in Tombstones of the Irish Born. Remember the only people listed are those whose tombstones mention a place in Ireland. If you know the section and plot, you can get a list of those buried in those plots(for a fee, of course). A helpful person at Calvary Cemetery in NY told me to ask for Susan at Holy Cross. Good Luck!!!
Jean Driscoll
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions