Search for content in message boards

Quaker Perrys VA,NC,IN

Quaker Perrys VA,NC,IN

Joy Roos (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PERRY
Looking for the wife (Mary)of John Perry B c1675 in Isle of Wight or Nancemont Co, VA or Perquimans Co., NC. Also looking for wife of his father Phillip Perry B. c1650 VA or NC. I have a great deal of information on this Quaker family.

Quaker Perrys

Joy Roos (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Yes the descendants of John Perry, Phillip 3's son became Quakers in Perquimans Co. NC and just over the border in Virginia. I do not know if they converted or if they were already Quakers. Do you have any information on the three Phillips?

Joy Roos

Perrys - Phillip

Posted: 2 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2001 11:11PM GMT
Surnames: Perry, Ellis, Turner, Trimble
There is a great contoversy over the Phillip I, II, and III of VA, and the 7 sons of Phillip III who are supposed to have moved to NC. Were they Quakers?
One descendant, a grandson of one of the 7 brothers, Francis,
moved to Indiana. This was Ransom, and I did not know that he was a Quaker, but ? I have found the Perrys in many different churches; some were Loyalists, and probably Church of England -- a guess.

Please give me more informtion.

Perry , Thomas N. of Ky

Anna R.(Perry) Oberholtzer (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Perry, Monroe
Am searching for the birth and marriage date and place for Thomas N. Perry and Annie Monroe. Thomas born 12-24-1856
Died 1-26-1941 Annie Monroe born 11-19-67 Died 7-19-1937. Both are buried in Waynesburg Ky Olive Baptist Church cemetery. They were shown residing in Lincoln Co. Ky in 1910 census with eight children as members of household. Two other children Claude Wilson (1912 and Monroe (1918) were born following the census and are also buried beside their parents in Waynesburg. I am the daughter of Claude. I need information to complete family search. Some verbal history indicates they may have migrated from another state- Virginia?Carolina? Georgia?. Cannot locate records.

Re: Quaker Perrys VA,NC,IN

Trueman Farris (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2003 5:14PM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2003 8:45PM GMT
Surnames: Perry, Sneed, Sorrell
Looking for parents/grandparents of Mary Ann (Polly) Perry, who married Benjamin Sneed about 1750, probably in Albemarle CVo., VA. Mary Ann Perry Sneed inherited money from her grandfather, John Sorrell, according to his will. Can you help?
Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic