Search for content in message boards

Alexander & John Greer

Alexander & John Greer

Posted: 23 Nov 2012 1:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for the brothers of James G Greer (1818-1899). James was born in Pennsylvania, but it is possible his brothers were born else where including Ireland or Scotland.

I have pictures of these three brothers and written information about the family. What I do not have is enough information to track down their parents or to see what happened to Alex and John and their descendants.

James moved to Kansas/Missouri and married Nancy Crowner. He died in Emporia Kansas. His son Billy died in the Civil War. Alex lived in a neighboring state, but I do not know which one. He had something to do with slaves, but I am uncertain exactly what. I know that Alex is the reason that Billy ran off to fight in the war. I have very little information about John.

Does any of this sound familiar to any of you?

Re: Alexander & John Greer

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 2:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have an Alexander L. Greer in my ancestry (1807-1884), but the names and situations you describe are not familiar, and I do not have a photo of him. He and his spouse, Nancy, had two sons, James and John. Alexander was born in Ireland; the sons were born in Covington, Kentucky.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions