Search for content in message boards

Maurice HYLAND married Mary BLANEY, Rochfortbridge Maurice HYLAND married Mary BLANEY

Maurice HYLAND married Mary BLANEY, Rochfortbridge Maurice HYLAND married Mary BLANEY

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 1:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Apr 2013 4:24PM GMT
Surnames: HYLAND, BLANEY, KEOGH, LYNAM
Recently discovered my greatx3 grandparents were married in Rochfortbridge in 1837. Maurice HYLAND married Mary BLANEY. Witnesses were listed as James Keogh and Mary Lynam. Does anyone know the name of the RC church in Rochfortbridge or how to find what the best way to discover who their parents would be? Also hoping to see if I can find baptismal records. Any help is appreciated. Thank you Karen

Re: Maurice HYLAND married Mary BLANEY, Rochfortbridge Maurice HYLAND married Mary BLANEY

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 1:53AM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2013 4:25PM GMT
Surnames: Hyland,Flynn
The parish is Rochfortbridge and there are 3 churches in it. Meedin, Milltownpass and Rochfortbridge. Maurice Hyland is related in some way to the Flynn family.

Re: Maurice HYLAND married Mary BLANEY, Rochfortbridge Maurice HYLAND married Mary BLANEY

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 2:34AM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2013 4:24PM GMT
The name of the church is Church of the Immaculate Conception in Rochfortbridge. Parish records exist from 1825 but the first few pages are almost unreadable.

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 12:52PM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2013 4:25PM GMT
Thank you for your help. Now that I have their marriage record I want to find headstones in those parishes. I discovered Rochfortbridge parish wasnt built until the mid 1850 so therefore the later generations will be in one of the other parishes you mentioned. Do you know where Meedin parish is located as I can not find it anywhere. Please email me at kjmannisto@aol.com
Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions