Search for content in message boards

Able August Thomas

Able August Thomas

Posted: 3 Sep 2007 4:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thomas,Turcott
I am trying to find any info. on Able Thomas,s father . We know that Able is buried in Traverse Bay cemetary, but would like to know Ables dads full name,bd,and place of birth.We had heard his dad was born in England. Any help is appreciated very much. His first name we think was Daniel.Also related to Turcotts from Pine Falls, who now live in Traverse Bay. Respectfully, Wayne Tymchuk

Re: Able August Thomas

Posted: 3 Sep 2007 4:33PM GMT
Wayne,
Can you give us an approx. b.d. for Abel August Thomas. We don't know if we're looking in the 1800's or 1900's for him.
Bette

Posted: 4 Sep 2007 12:32AM GMT
Surnames: Thomas
Bette; I have his bd as 1924 and was 58 yrs old when he passed.We know he was buried in Traverse Bay.We are trying to determine where his father is buried, where he was from,anything that can help. Able was also in the military for a time . Thankyou, Wayne

Posted: 4 Sep 2007 5:07AM GMT
Surnames: Thomas
Wayne,
I expect you will have to try for his military paper then, because he's born too late to show up in birth reg'ns online or in the publically available census records. You could also apply for his registration under the National Registration Act of 1940-41.
See:
http://www.statcan.ca/bsolc/english/bsolc?catno=93C0006

http://www.collectionscanada.ca/022/022-907.006-e.html

Good luck,
Bette

Re: Able August THOMAS

Posted: 14 May 2011 9:45PM GMT
Surnames: THOMAS
Hi, You know that Able THOMAS is bried in Traverse Bay Cemetery [When?].
Registration of Death / long form Death Certificate
May show the names of the father , place of birth of father - as well name of the mother [ maiden name ]
All will depend on the knowledge of the Informant.
OBITUARY : if published - may sometimes mention the names of the parents - other family members who may be able to assist with some information.

If you know When? Where ? Able August THOMAS was born - depending on your relationship - You may be able to obtain the registration of Birth -[with proof that he is deceased]/

If you know the name of the Funeral Home - in charge of Arrangements - [Cemetery Office will know]. They may be able to assist [depends on their concern re privacy]
Funeral Home may take info for the Registration of Death = May take information for an Obituary.
They also take other information - not required for the registration or obituary. eg funeral arrangements - pall bearers - cost - names of other family members etc -
Cheers, Stella

Posted: 23 Aug 2011 4:22AM GMT
Are you still searching on who the parents are as I have his name as August Able Thomas born 1923 and Died 1982, his father was Daniel Edward Thomas son Of Daniel & Sophia Thomas whom are also buried at Traverse Bay.

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 4:21AM GMT
Send me your email... I will send you a copy of his obit.

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 3:37PM GMT
Thankyou for this info.that confirms what we have long suspected in regards to his family and his death date.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic