Search for content in message boards

Cloghleagh or Cloughleigh "The Condon Castle" Print

Cloghleagh or Cloughleigh "The Condon Castle" Print

John Devinney (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2002 6:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Condon, O,Brien, Donahue, Finn, Mannix
I found this nice print of the probable "Condon" Castle, I am still looking for pictures.
http://www.nli.ie/images/2122tx(1)69.JPG

Anyone have "THE" ancient line from this origin area?.

Re: Cloghleagh or Cloughleigh "The Condon Castle" Print

Posted: 28 Apr 2003 2:02AM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2004 1:58AM GMT
My g/g grandfather, James W. Condon was born in that castle in 1815. He supposedly sat on the math chair at Dublin University. If you have any information on this line I would like to hear from you. Jim Condon

Sean Bridgeman (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2003 10:25AM GMT
Hi John. Attached are some images of what I have been told is Condon Castle. This seems to resemble the print you provide a link to. These images were taken by my mum in about 1997 while visiting relatives in Castle Gregory, County Kerry.
I hope these are of interest.

Cheers.
Sean
Attachments:

John (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2003 1:43PM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2005 2:12AM GMT
Thanks for posting the pictures. Not much to look at today, but I am sure during its day it was a mighty fine place.

Posted: 14 Jan 2011 3:06PM GMT
Surnames: Condon
Hello there. My name is Samuel David Condon. I have recently begun looking into my family history and I have found out that I am somehow related to you. I'm not quite sure how. I have a lot of paperwork dating back to the 12th Century in Ireland and this Castle stronghold of my/our family. So, what all do you know about this castle?

Posted: 18 Mar 2012 12:17AM GMT
Surnames: Condon Malone
Thanks so much for sharing these pix, Sean. When visiting my Condon cousins in Blarney (descendants of Jeremiah Condon of Macroom,) in Oct. 2010, they took me for a ride to Kilworth. i was able to get pix of the castle (attached one) from a distance, but frustrated by not being able to get closer. Next time I visit, I hope to get permission to have a closer visit with Cloghleigh Castle. In mean time I will share these with my grandfather's niece still living in Blarney.
Thanks again!
My best!
Thomas "Condon" Malone
Attachments:

Posted: 10 Aug 2013 7:01PM GMT
Hi,

Sorry it has been a lot of years since you first wrote me... I have just traced my family back there (this past week). I did not know anything because I put the search aside due to other commitments. While returning this past week I discovered your communication to me.

I hope you were able to find and answer to your question.

Therese

Posted: 1 Dec 2013 4:28AM GMT
Surnames: Condon
Not sure if anyone still checks this thread at all. But my grandma just gave my dad a book on Condon history. It seems to cover the Condon line of North America (My Ancestors) starting with Thomas Condon (born 1757 in County Cork) and his blood line. Not sure if this helps anyone, but if you have any questions its possible that I may be able to find something in this book, and can also ask my grandma if she has any other information.
Attachments:

Posted: 1 Dec 2013 4:30AM GMT
Also, I recently visited Ireland and was able to walk out onto the property on which Clogleagh (or Condon) Castle sits and took some pretty good pictures of it. The property is owned by a cattle company. If anyone wants some of the pictures I can post them.

Posted: 1 Dec 2013 4:07PM GMT
Would love to see pics !!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions