Search for content in message boards

Fonda family - help needed!

Fonda family - help needed!

Posted: 21 Feb 2003 1:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fonda
I'm the daughter of Carl Fonda (1927-2002 Scotia, NY). He had one brother, Eugene (living in Amsterdam, NY) two sister, June (who died at age 14 in Schenectady, NY probably in the 1930's) and sister, Dorothy (dec'd). Their father, Eugene Fonda died in 1927 - one month before my father was born. Eugene's siblings were Peter, Jacob and Minnie, their father's name was Peter (we believe born in the 1890's. They lived in the Schenectady, Troy, NY area. Peter was married to Katherine. Peter also had four or five brothers, most of whom relocated to Nebraska. Peter's mother's name (so we've been told) was Bridget. My father indicated that we were not related to the Fondas of Fonda, NY. If anyone knows of my branch of the Fonda tree, please write. As my grandfather died before my father was born, much of the Fonda lore was lost. Would love to hear anything!

Re: Fonda family - help needed!

Posted: 25 Mar 2003 3:56AM GMT
Edited: 26 Oct 2003 11:47PM GMT
Cant say for sure, but try looking in Troy NY or Ontario Co (no particular town) NY. I too am looking for Fondas originally thought to be from Fonda NY but probably not If you want to email me: judygpfen@yahoo.com
Good luck
Judy

Re: Fonda family - help needed!

Posted: 27 Mar 2003 2:40PM GMT
Edited: 2 Aug 2006 1:16PM GMT
Surnames: Fonda/Van Arnhem/Conyn/Pietersz/Van Schaak/Jans/Teunis/Van Salsbergen/ Lucas/CornelisDavis/ Whiteley/Cook
Judy, most of the Fondas that I know of were here in the early 1600's. They settled in Beverick, New Amsterdam, and Albany NY. Afterwards going else where in the USA.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic