Search for content in message boards

Ragland History

Ragland History

Jayne Ragland (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2000 8:04PM GMT
Hi, My names Jayne from Geelong,Victoria, Australia, there aren't many Raglands over here. I think only about 10 of us and I have no idea of my origins. I know that my great grandfather Guy Ragland was Irish American and moved to Australia in the 1900's. His nick name was Pappy and I think that he was the only Ragland to come over here. If anyone has any information on Guy Ragland and where he was from I would aprecciate that very much. Thanks

Guy Ragland

Posted: 28 Nov 2000 5:29PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 6:46PM GMT
Jayne: Do you have names of Guy's parents or dates. What state was he born in? Does he have a middle name? I found Guy Raglands from Illinois, Texas and Kentucky. I will try, but need more data. At what age did he relocate. From one of the Raglands from the USA. Good luck with your search, mbrown6206@AOL.Com

Ragland History-Australia

Jayne Ragland (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2000 8:25PM GMT
Thanks Martha, I'll find out those details for you, thanks heaps for your help.
seya
Jayne

julia raglan

martha brown (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2000 4:45PM GMT
Hi, Martha.
Here is Percy Davis, asking if you could have any inf. about Julia Raglan (my great grandmother), who was born supposely in Boston (or near it) about 1850-1860. She married Henry Davis, from St.Louis(B.1856), and had a few children(Martha Davis Raglan) in San José, California.
From there, they passed to Chile, where Henry Davis became an UNDERWOOD Typewriters representative.
Let me know if you can obtain anything about them.
Thank you.
(My e-mail : pdavis@entelchile.net)

Re: Ragland History

Rose Albert Wright (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2003 8:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ragland
The only Guy Ragland I can find in the book The Raglands The History of a American British-American Family that could possibly be the one you refer to was born in 1901.
It is located on P.290 Volume 2 as follows:

Thomas Eugene Ragland (b.1877-d.1926) of Witchita Falls, Texas: b. Young County Texas.
Married Fannie Della Lewis (b.?- d.1960)
children: Guy Ragland b.1901
Annie Jewel (b.1903-d.1937)
Eugene Ragland (b.1906-d. ?)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic